Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
with a walnut tree and a pear tree in the backyard i see lots of sq and i have taken lots of them with an old break barrel chinese pellet gun $20 from pawn shop. and yes they are good to eat.used to go out a lot and am a member of sq hunters .com however now am 86 and in rough shape most sq hunting is done from back patio with both trees in range. im thinking they have been passing the memory of danger to the young ones . now they all run in panic if i open the back door.:eek:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I used to hunt with an old-timer who'd run me ragged tramping over the hills in Eastern Kentucky. He'd have 50 or 60 squirrels in his freezer at any given time. I'm not a big fan of fried but I do enjoy a bowl of Brunswick stew. My little girl used to love Brunswick stew so much she asked for it for her birthday one year. Now she never asks for it. I also once went to a church picnic where squirrel was on the menu. I can't bring myself to eat the brains. The guy sitting next to me noticed I had stopped eating and he asked me if I was going to finish! He told me the brains were the best part and proceeded to crack the skull of the little guy open. I told him: you can have mine and he did.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts