Tried my hands at making 1911 grips

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I made a set of grips from Curly Maple since it is a hard wood and has nice grain. I have a set being checkered to see how they look and will post a photo of them when they are done. I have done them in Walnut cut from broken 03 and Garand stocks also. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

3. Oh my god, its Rick the gripper !!!
    Rick can you do the finall fitting for a set of custom grips I started for the 512 Ruger .22 pistol? They are made from Osage Orange or Hedge Apple.
    My lovely and gracious wife ( she does the yard work, love that woman) is buying a video camcorder with digital picture options. Pictures one day.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2002
  4. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

As long as you send the original grips I should be able to copy them free hand. That is how I did these. Now if you want checkering I would have to ask my buddy what he would charge? I would first like a photo of the angles just to make sure because if the frame is curved allot I would need the pistol and that would be a problem if you don't have a FFL to get it to my guy for free. Email me on any details if you want me to try. Rick B