close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tried my hands at making 1911 grips

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I made a set of grips from Curly Maple since it is a hard wood and has nice grain. I have a set being checkered to see how they look and will post a photo of them when they are done. I have done them in Walnut cut from broken 03 and Garand stocks also. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

3. Oh my god, its Rick the gripper !!!
    Rick can you do the finall fitting for a set of custom grips I started for the 512 Ruger .22 pistol? They are made from Osage Orange or Hedge Apple.
    My lovely and gracious wife ( she does the yard work, love that woman) is buying a video camcorder with digital picture options. Pictures one day.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2002
  4. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

As long as you send the original grips I should be able to copy them free hand. That is how I did these. Now if you want checkering I would have to ask my buddy what he would charge? I would first like a photo of the angles just to make sure because if the frame is curved allot I would need the pistol and that would be a problem if you don't have a FFL to get it to my guy for free. Email me on any details if you want me to try. Rick B