close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trigger

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Apr 7, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

My Kimber Custom Royal came with a plastic trigger. I was baffled when my partner bought a standard Kimber and I saw that it came with a good solid aluminum trigger. Can anybody tell me why Kimber puts a plastic trigger on one of their higher end pistols, and a better trigger on one of their medium end pistols?

Guess I'll order a Chip McCormick catalog and replace the trigger.

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

My understanding was that the earlier Kimbers had a plastic trigger and the newer ones have aluminum. When did you get yours? If you got it recently, it may have been among the first run and maybe experienced "shelf -life" in the wholesale market, (somehow with the Kimber demand, I doubt this, but stranger things have happened). I remember one of Walt Rauch's articles in Combat Handguns about the Kimber Custom Royal when they first came out. The article featured a Custom Royal with a plastic trigger...

Jesse

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

You may have just answered it for me. My Kimber was made in Clackamus, OR. Not one of the newer Yonkers, NY models. My partners was made in Yonkers. That is probably the answer! Thanks!

4. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor