close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trip to CMP store with pictures

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, May 25, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I happened to run in to some fellow posters and Garand collector's and thanks to Dave for the photo album page link below. The trip was fun and they had about 200 Garands, 20 M44's 10 Kimbers and a hand full of stocks for the some 22 rifles along with about 10 Garand receiver's. Lowest Garand was around 112,000 and highest was in the 5.98 million range. Everyone was very helpful and happy. I recommend the trip before the store is closed and not sure if they will offer any other items or rifles in the future. I got two M44's and now se they are out so that was cutting it close. Rick B

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291812495&congratulation_page=Y

Last edited: May 25, 2002
  2. zviking

zviking G&G Newbie

Great Pictures. Id be like a kid in a candy store. If only I hada few extra dollars.

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

didn't know they had a store!!! where is it located???

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

HEY, HOW DID THEY GET PICTURES OF MY GUNROOM???...I WISH!

5. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Camp Perry in Port Clinton Ohio. On the lake on the west end of Ohio. You near it? Rick B

6. NRAJOE

MAN I LVE 30 MINUTES AWAY FROM THERE,PASS BY IT GOING TO CEDAR POINT AMUSEMENT PARK. I'D BE MORE AMUSED THERE THAN CEDAR POINT!

7. JIMM

JIMM G&G Newbie

how did the 44s look, been thinking of getting one .

8. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

The Cmp stated they were sold out and the last 3,000 are spoken for so you can't get one at this point unless some show up from a base in the future and sent to the CMP. I was lucky seeing now that a week after I got them the CMP sent out the notice. Rick B

9. hipshooter

hipshooter G&G Newbie

ohio
    can you pick thru these guns,or do ya take what they hand ya? can you walk out of their the same day with it providing ya have the paper work? tia

10. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Yep and yep. You can look them all over but you are not allowed to pull trigger groups out since people will start trading parts and causing a mess. You can pull back the op rod and check barrel dates and nothing I seen said you can't check muzzle wear. I heard guys crying about there arms after pulling back all the op rods to see the barrels date for a match hehehehehehe. The F.B.I. check takes under a hour normally they told me so you go to lunch on base or in town then come back and see if the paper work is done. All in all a pleasant day except the lighting being a bit dark. Rick B

11. NRAJOE

What about C&R license holders? Can ya just walk in and walk out if you have a C&R? I live like 30 minutes away from Camp Perry and have a C&R .

12. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

That I have heard questions about but so far I dont think it makes any difference since the CMP isnt a dealer. They are only authorized to sell. If the FBI check fails in 3 days they wont give you the rifle as a dealer would, you have to go to the FBI and do the paper work thing through mail for about 6 months as I did once. No problems that they could come up with but I lost for 6 months. Rick B