close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truck Accident

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TNPIRATE, Mar 20, 2017.

1. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum Forum Contributor

I found out about this, this evening. Someone I talk to on facebook. Well he was in Danville Illinois and apparently there was a bad storm and an oil or coolant spill on the interstate. He told me that he started sliding to the right and got sucked into the ditch and into and thru some trees.
    No one injured, no fatalities, and yes logs up to date. He said he was in a hotel. And I told him that I hope he changed his shorts and gave him permission to buy a bottle. Here are the pics of his truck. Yep he's an owner operator.

17409794_10154683101224055_225198159_n.jpg

17410048_10154683098644055_729192785_n.jpg

17410057_10154683098504055_1882417354_n.jpg

17439892_10154683099514055_1066129005_n.jpg

17439442_10154683099694055_807604333_n.jpg

17410398_10154683099344055_1066646527_n.jpg

Huey Rider likes this.
  2. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    Glad he's okay. I go through there often in way to Lafayette. Crap hole stretch of road.

PAPA G and TNPIRATE like this.

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Man that sure stinks!!! I am glad the fella was unhurt!

jerry, neophyte and TNPIRATE like this.
  4. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I hope his insurance is paid up with a low deductible! Glad no one was injured!

jerry and neophyte like this.
  5. TNPIRATE

I wanted to start out with jokes about how his truck looks like a driver from swift had been driving it. And ask him when he started driving for swift
    He knows I used to work for swift. And always post pics of swift doin somepin stupid.

But I didn't start out that way. I was nice about it:D

6. Txwheels

Txwheels G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Whew! That's gonna take a buck or two to repair.
    Glad he's Okay though.

neophyte and TNPIRATE like this.
  7. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Sorry for your buddy .Glad he's ok. You know what year the truck is? I found out today that our company's insurance company totalled out the 04 I was driving but my company bought it back and is getting it repaired and back to me. Yay!

jerry, neophyte and TNPIRATE like this.
  8. Glad to hear he is OK Mark !...............

TNPIRATE likes this.
  9. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Glad he is physically OK.
    You can always replace plastic and metal.
    But, you cant replace skin and bones, or a life!

texnmidwest, neophyte and TNPIRATE like this.
  10. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    I see he is from Covington, WA, I have some friends over there. I hope he is able to get back on the road very soon. Glad he is OK, well except nerves I'm sure.

neophyte and TNPIRATE like this.
  11. TNPIRATE

He told me one time what year it was, but I forgot.

neophyte and SUBMOA like this.
  12. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

They get some years on them some times don't take a lot to be totalled.

neophyte, Stickman and TNPIRATE like this.
  13. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    I've got a 2005 Freightliner Classic that we only paid 23K for about three years ago.

Maybe (hopefully?) he will end up with a newer, lower mile rig.:usa:

You know, make lemonade!:D

TNPIRATE, neophyte and SUBMOA like this.
  14. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

Did it happen today as I didn't see anything on the news about it and don't see anything about it online.

That truck is most likely a total.

15. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 G&G Evangelist

I saw a swift truck drop its trailer without setting the jacks up :D "Please don't tell my boss."

neophyte likes this.
  16. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

some new chrome and a pass or two with a buffing wheel and it'll be as good as new.

I drove back and forth across Wyoming almost daily for 12 years.
    we would take bets on the number of swift trucks we would see in the barrow pit every time it dusted some snow.
    there was a spot by green river and another by rock springs that seemed to have a swift magnet installed on the eastbound lanes.
    there was a third part time magnet installed out closer to Wamsutter.

TNPIRATE likes this.
  17. TNPIRATE

Happened yesterday morning I think. He didn't tell me when it happened. I found out yesterday evening by him. Another friend posted on facebook that a truck driver friend of hers was in a truck accident. But slow me, didn't think it was the same driver.

18. TNPIRATE

Yep I saw that too one time. I was on home time in California and my son ask me if I had heard about it. We drove down to where it happened and looked, pointed, and laughed:D The guy was delivering rolls of newsprint to the local paper in San Luis Obispo. He pulled the kingpin lock and pulled off without lowering his landing gear:D

The worst things I did with a trailer was to drop a trailer after a rain in some dirt and the trailers landing gears sunk into the wet dirt about 10 to 12 inches.

Then there was the time I lowered the landing gear, pulled the kingpin lock, and pulled away forgetting to take the airlines lose. Ooops, and boy can them suckers strrrrrrech:D A good 12 feet before they snapped:D Not a problem. I had the parts and tools to fix it in the truck. I always carried extra parts.

19. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I am glad that driver is OK. In a commercial vehicle bad things can happen very quickly....sometimes with a LOT more tragic results than this.

TNPIRATE likes this.
  20. TNPIRATE

Yeah I about hit a dam swift truck that slid off the interstate one time. His dam azz end was stickin out in the right lane. I was goin slow tryin to make to Rawlins to shut down for the night.

Swift was dead heading me to California with an empty box one time. I got into Rawlins late kept the truck runnin, went in and got somepin to eat at the TA, came out went to bed. Bout froze our azzes off that night (me and the x gf). Tried leavin the next morning with the sun shinin. Saw 5 trucks turned over from the TA onramp to the next off ramp. My truck started sliding up the off ramp. Kept it up, and drove back around thru town back to the TA. The gf I was with rented a room at the motel. She (and I) didn't want to sleep in that truck another night. Was there for 3 days iced in.

SUBMOA likes this.