close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turk ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Snakebite, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Has any one tried that Turkish milsurp ammo I've seen advertised? Its really cheap at 1400 rounds for $79. Most of it is from the 40's and 50's. I have one bandoleer with 70 rounds and stripper clips of the stuff (dated 1942) but havent used it yet. Just wondered if I should expect lots of misfires or 5 foot groups at 50 yards. It just LOOKS like it would be hard on the bore.:confused:

2. JAMES

JAMES G&G Newbie

rtlesnkesbite,
    From my experience, the Turk ammo is good (high powered) stuff. In terms of value, I think it is great.
    It is about the most accurate load that I have fired from a Turk Mauser; far superior to commercial U.S. (light load) ammo. I have not fired it from any other Mauser (like a Yugo). Supposedly it is not as accurate in the M48's. I've heard that they prefer the Yugo loads.
    The Turk ammo from the 40's can be difficult to light off if your striker spring is weak, however. With a strong spring, I've had very few misfires. And, it is corrosive, of course.

Good luck. Let us know what you think.

3. I shot all of the Turk ammo this morning and didnt have a single problem with it. It is noticebly more powerful than the 170 gr. Remington ammo I also shot. Looks like I worried about shooting 60 year old ammo for nothing. Now I need to order more!

4. I have 2100 rds of it. I love it. Its cheap and fun to shoot. I was using it my Yugo and my Turk Mausers and I also used it in my Hakim. Firing that stuff in semi auto is awesome. I couldnt get over how much more powerful it is than 30-06. Dont hesitate to get any.

5. I got about 700 rounds a ways back for about $38.00, I shoot it in my M-48A Yugo and it seems to like it. I will say that it is a little hot, and you can definetly tell the difference between it and the Yugo 8mm that I have used. I still like it quite a bit, I have not had any misfires and it is pretty accurate in my Yugo.