Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turkeys are such teases. Season came in last week, and Sunday before season came in, I opened the back door and in the field at about 40 yards there stood an old gobbler. I went out, walked to the car and it didn't run off or anything, it just moved around and watched me. I went back in the house and then back outside about an hour later and there were 3 strutting across the field in front of me. Since then all I have been seeing is hens. This morning I open the back door and at about 15 yards there's a hen, and she didn't even run away, she gives me a look like, oh it's you and just walks away and goes up the hill, not in any hurry, like she knows she's safe. Season is in till the 18th, so maybe I'll get lucky and see a gobbler again.

Super Moderator
Stupid birds!

Turkeys are such teases. Season came in last week, and Sunday before season came in, I opened the back door and in the field at about 40 yards there stood an old gobbler. I went out, walked to the car and it didn't run off or anything, it just moved around and watched me. I went back in the house and then back outside about an hour later and there were 3 strutting across the field in front of me. Since then all I have been seeing is hens. This morning I open the back door and at about 15 yards there's a hen, and she didn't even run away, she gives me a look like, oh it's you and just walks away and goes up the hill, not in any hurry, like she knows she's safe. Season is in till the 18th, so maybe I'll get lucky and see a gobbler again.
Oh no Mouser! They'll be MIA once season arrives. Ours ends Sunday, here.

Registered
Ohio restricted the spring harvest to 1 bird citing 2 consecutive bad years of hatchlings as the reason. I saw one a few days ago but I don't see them as often as I see bobcats. Ohio has not yet allowed a bobcat season.

Super Moderator
Ohio restricted the spring harvest to 1 bird citing 2 consecutive bad years of hatchlings as the reason. I saw one a few days ago but I don't see them as often as I see bobcats. Ohio has not yet allowed a bobcat season.
Really? Well good for them. We have had three of the worst harvest seasons ever in '19, '20 and '21, and it looks like this year is gonna be the worst. Our Conservation Department doesn't seem to care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.