Turkey

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by 99z28monster, Sep 30, 2010.

1. 99z28monster

99z28monster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Tomorrow is the first day of fall turkey season and the first season I will have hunted since 2005. temps will be dipping down into the mid to low 30s this weekend with rain all day until monday. I really hope to see some turkeys out in the wonderful weather. Wish me luck and any tips for hunting the birds in the rain would be great.

2. Good luck on your hunt. I've never really tried for a turkey in the fall. I just have a tag for one just in case I see one while bowhunting for deer. Spring turkey hunting is fun though.

3. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Good luck monster. May the spirit of the wild bless you with success if you do your part in the hunt. Get a nice longbeard dude!

4. 99z28monster

thank you fellas, fall season for me means if it is an adult bird it dies. I am kinda bummed though that I can only shoot an antlered deer though.

5. 99z28monster

well no kills today on the opener figured it would be a shame. Saw 24 hens and 9 jakes total today. Might go ahead and bag some tomorrow if I get the chance. That way I can pick up on rabbits and squirrel to get some land scouted for deer season.

6. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

you are lucky you have a fall season. the eliteist took away ours several years ago. they think turkeys only should be hunted in the spring.

7. Well that's pretty stupid. lol

The spring? Really? Spring? lol

8. They want you to buy more store purchased turkeys. :p

9. 99z28monster

Well nothing good today, saw a few grouse, deer, and turkey. Oh and also the game warden who gave me a 75 dollar ticket for being in a closed area. I thought I was in the open area, but after they triple checked to see I was on the wrong side of the line. Go figure so I bought a new gps that is a total piece of junk.

10. 99z28monster

filled one tag today with a 9lb hen not a trophy by any means. However it will taste just fine and we have way to many hens around here.

11. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

good eating there!