Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..played dodge boss and went to the range..the new spring seemed to help..still had to recock at least 2x to get the ammo to fire..loading from the magazine... some times 3 or 4x...I think its the fireing pin just worn down..not a very big dent in the primers..The recoil for me was maybe a little sharper than a Mossan M-44 but still pretty close when shooting from seated supported..(barrel resting on a rolled up towel on top of an ammo box) Was shooting at 50 yards.. had wife and daughter shooting 22 and pistols...the rifle shoot very high until I set the sights at 400 yards then ok...got a few 4 inch groups..not spectaclur but then to was getting a little frustrated recocking it over and over..Over all Im happy with my little $40 turk...will joint the mosans in the plinking catagory...got to admit its got a nice muzle blast (no fire ball) wathc it kick up a decent shock wave...and defitnaly not a very quite rifle :).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know about your ammo, but I have some Yugo ammo that I got from Cole. Out of a dozen Turk Mausers, it would not fire in about three of them.
At first I assumed weak springs or short firing pins, as I had soaked all bolts in lacquer thinner, then reoiled them and regreased the camming surfaces.
Just to be sure I took those particular bolts apart again and the firing pin surfaces were "tacky". This 50year old solidified grease is tricky.
I found that the solvent had to be sometimes accompanied by vigorous rubbing, on ALL interior bolt and exterior firing pin surfaces.
Now they all work great.
No parts......just completely clean.
;)

·
Banned
548 Posts
Hey Guys--

I soaked my M-48 and my Turk bolt in gasoline for 24hours. It got all of that gummy cosmoline **** right off. I then let it air dry and oiled them with Tetra gun oil. Worked like a charm.

Ltcboy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts