close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turkish Mauser Range Report.

Discussion in 'Mausers' started by Doglips, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ok..played dodge boss and went to the range..the new spring seemed to help..still had to recock at least 2x to get the ammo to fire..loading from the magazine... some times 3 or 4x...I think its the fireing pin just worn down..not a very big dent in the primers..The recoil for me was maybe a little sharper than a Mossan M-44 but still pretty close when shooting from seated supported..(barrel resting on a rolled up towel on top of an ammo box) Was shooting at 50 yards.. had wife and daughter shooting 22 and pistols...the rifle shoot very high until I set the sights at 400 yards then ok...got a few 4 inch groups..not spectaclur but then to was getting a little frustrated recocking it over and over..Over all Im happy with my little $40 turk...will joint the mosans in the plinking catagory...got to admit its got a nice muzle blast (no fire ball) wathc it kick up a decent shock wave...and defitnaly not a very quite rifle :).

2. pappa

pappa G&G Regular

I don't know about your ammo, but I have some Yugo ammo that I got from Cole. Out of a dozen Turk Mausers, it would not fire in about three of them.
    At first I assumed weak springs or short firing pins, as I had soaked all bolts in lacquer thinner, then reoiled them and regreased the camming surfaces.
    Just to be sure I took those particular bolts apart again and the firing pin surfaces were "tacky". This 50year old solidified grease is tricky.
    I found that the solvent had to be sometimes accompanied by vigorous rubbing, on ALL interior bolt and exterior firing pin surfaces.
    Now they all work great.
    No parts......just completely clean.
    ;)

3. Hey Guys--

I soaked my M-48 and my Turk bolt in gasoline for 24hours. It got all of that gummy cosmoline **** right off. I then let it air dry and oiled them with Tetra gun oil. Worked like a charm.

Ltcboy