Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since today was an off day I spent it turning in my application for a CCW. You have to be a resident in this state for 1 year before being eligible for a CCW, and time is up!

WOW that was a lot of hoops to jump through! I had to fill out the paperwork, have my application sealed by a Notary Public in three places, get a passport photo, drive to one of only 5 stations in the state that handle permit applications, get fingerprinted, wait in line for 1 hour and pay a lot of money! Now I should get my permit in 120 days after all the background checks.

I remember when I was 18 I went to the local Sheriff's office, filled out a form consisting of my name and address and why I want a permit and got the permit the same day for $20!

But at least I will be able to legally carry. I kinda feel like it's my duty now that so many rights have eroded. Plus, when the next administration decides to pass stricter gun laws I figure it'll be easier to keep a license and renew than to get a new one then.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yea, I grew up in MS. I had just gotten my form notarized when I got amother job and I moved out-of-state. The good thing about MS is that you don't need a CCW to have a pistol in the car. Another good thing about MS is they recognize my AL CCW that I just paid $7.50 for :burnout:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts