Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The two 91/30's I ordered from J&G Sales came in last week, but I haven't had time to test them out yet. I've only put a couple of shots through each to make sure they work. So far they seem very good and accurate.(hope these images work)

The one to the right of the screen is a 1943 izzy round receiver, the other a 1934 tula hex receiver.

Kind of scared me when I saw the line down the front of the receiver, Thought it was a crack till I examined it and found it was just a machining mark.

The stock on the 34 tula leaves a little to be desired, but the rest of the rifle is beautiful.

Both of these rifles look really good, and the bores are bright and shiny. The 43 cost $59.95 and the 34 hex $79.95. Wasn't expecting a lot for that price, boy was I surprised.
P.S. I was going to post more pics. but the camera battery died.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
They look pretty nice to me. Thanks for the pics, we love gun pics around here.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Pretty rifles, great price! Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Mike you did good and were looking forward for a range report. Please !
I seriously considering buying an M44 from Classic where I can fit in here LOL
A.H

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,376 Posts
At that price I was expecting to see a couple of rifle-like lumps encased in cosmoline like bugs in amber. Did you have to de-cosmoline them or did J&G do that for you?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J&G did most of the work just a little cosmoline here and there. Cleanup took about a hour for both. I was surprised at the condition of both rifles. $161.02 delivered to my front door, cant beat that. Wish I could take a picture of the bore, there both beautiful.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
I paid too dang much for my m44s but at least they cleaned them up and test fired them before selling them to me. Did OK on my 91/30 though. Came in about the same price as if I had ordered it from dealer, added in shipping and transfer fees. Now, I am waiting on my C&R then I see a Finn in my future!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts