close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Two S&W 45 autos. 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson' started by Checkman, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Checkman

Checkman G&G Newbie

4586. DAO, 4.25" barrel. My dad's old duty sidearm when he was an Idaho State Trooper.
    [​IMG]

745. Target model of the 645. Single Action only. Blue slide and stainless steel lower reciever. Only 5,000 made from 1986 - 1990. Picked this up last September for $375.00
    [​IMG]

2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I envy you that Model 745. Great price on a great gun. That pieve would be in 4 figures around here!

3. Checkman

Checkman G&G Newbie

Thank you. The dealer at that particular LGS is a good guy (hey he gives me the occassional discount) and a smart businessman. I've talked him up and sent several of my co-workers his way.

Of course since December he hasn't needed that extra help, but he also told me last Friday that the tempo is starting to drop off so he's still a smart businessman. Because ,in addition to the occassional discounted gun, I've bought a couple others from him that I paid full price on.

However when he quoted me that price I couldn't believe it. I thought about it for fifteen minutes and then put it on layaway.

Unlike others deals like that almost never come my way. I'm not one of the blessed ones.

4. Never_Evil

Never_Evil G&G Evangelist

Checkman- I am jealous of your fine pair of S&W .45's. I have a 4566, and love it. One day I hope to find a twin to mine.

Have you swapped slides yet just to feel like you have two new guns?

5. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I have two near-new S&W mags and one ProMag magazine. All three like new, Make me an offer. They are sitting in my desk collecting dust. The S&W mags cost me 39.95.

6. Checkman

Checkman G&G Newbie

:silly:

That's funny. Sadly it wouldn't work. The 4586 has a 4.25" barrel while the 745 has a 5" barrel. However you made me laugh. Thanks for that.

7. Never_Evil

Never_Evil G&G Evangelist

I think the frames are the same, the barrel and slide might swap over. Something to try if you are bored.

8. Checkman

Checkman G&G Newbie

Oh okay. I'll give it a look. Later though. Right now I'm at work.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted