Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a victory for gun-rights advocates, the federal government is preparing to relax a decades-old ban on bringing loaded firearms into national parks.

More...

·
Wonderment :)
33,547 Posts
Yogi'isms

GGReporter: Sir; it aint quite over yet. A mighty fine start. All of us need to get after our :Representatives: Sir; "Yogi" said it best.

Send your Representatives YOUR message.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
If this does pass, I gather there be some sort of list as to which parks and a list of do's and don'ts. Question is, where might one go to find it, if and when this comes to pass?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Both Montana Senators signed the original letter. US hwy2 passes through Glacier Park and every hunter who drove hwy2 was in violation. Many locals have been in violation of the rule for years when hiking in the Park.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
'Fraid I didn't know (until recently) this ban actually existed. Glad we're getting rid of this silliness :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yup, I have been in violation numerous times when traveling to my moose hunting grounds. I drive by Denali national park on my way north, there is a LARGE sign informing travelers that a loaded firearm is illegal. Always thought that was silly.

·
Registered
740 Posts
In a victory for gun-rights advocates, the federal government is preparing to relax a decades-old ban on bringing loaded firearms into national parks.
More...
In SC your gun can't be loaded unless you are actively hunting. I hunt on wildlife management land for deer. Last season a ranger checked my hunting licence while I was packing up at dark after hunting all day. He asked me if my rifle was unloaded. (I had already put it in it's case and had it behind my drivers seat.) Yes it was unloaded but if it had not of been I would have gotten a ticket from him.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Yup, I have been in violation numerous times when traveling to my moose hunting grounds. I drive by Denali national park on my way north, there is a LARGE sign informing travelers that a loaded firearm is illegal. Always thought that was silly.
I LOVE breaking that Law on the Parks Hwy, I have a License...We can Hunt Wrangell-St.Elias National Park and carry either way...
Rich

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Did anyone notice it was the Reagan administration that made it a blanket policy applying to all parks?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
If this does pass, I gather there be some sort of list as to which parks and a list of do's and don'ts. Question is, where might one go to find it, if and when this comes to pass?
You also have the ability of the states mandating areas "gun-free" zones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts