Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Federal officials are reviewing gun laws in national parks and planning to announce new rules allowing visitors to carry loaded guns -- if allowed by state law -- by the end of the month.

More...

·
Registered
899 Posts
He and other gun rights enthusiasts say they are glad federal officials are reviewing gun laws in national parks and planning to announce new rules allowing visitors to carry loaded guns -- if allowed by state law -- by the end of the month.
Hmmm, I did'nt fall off a turnip truck but did I miss something somewhere ?
Since when does State law having ANYHTING to do with what the Feds have to say about NATIONAL Parks ? A state can't say boo in a federal park . It is Federal land NOT State land therefor it is governed by FEDERAL Law .

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're right on in your thinking there, AKHunter, but there's a new policy looking to come about. Rather than impose a law different than state law (anymore) on people in the state that the National Park is in, the laws would just continue over from the state into the National Park. So no, the States aren't trying to take over the law in the National Parks, the Feds are just going to go with whatever the law is in the state that the park is in rather than banning loaded guns at all :)

I think it's a pretty good idea ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts