Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
The real story is that the guy in the picture is a friend of the rifle owner. Someone brought the rifle to the owners (who runs a gun shop I believe) and it was already a sewer bore and bubba'd. So he decided it would be fun to make a tacticool, mall-ninja mosin, for laughs.

I bet the guy in the picture regrets that the picture was taken, I've seen it posted on many different gun boards and people are always talking crap about him and rifle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
um, i dont see the point of a tactical mosin =P
that made me laugh
bet he can get like 5 rounds a minute out of that baby...

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,360 Posts
I can appreciate the joke in building that thing. BUT - I bet it kicks like a Muscovian Mule . . . :eek:wned2:

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
there it is! i just found my next gun!

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
wow thats a waste of a good firearm...nevertheless i admire the effort and the time well wasted
I think that was the point; he finished butchering a bubba'd gun with a bad bore, not a good firearm.

It was kind of like, "bubba'd gun? You think you know how to bubba a gun? I'LL show you how to bubba a gun...".:)

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I think that was the point; he finished butchering a bubba'd gun with a bad bore, not a good firearm.
It was kind of like, "bubba'd gun? You think you know how to bubba a gun? I"LL show you how to bubba a gun...".:)
Thank you Troy. It seems like you get the joke. I've just seen too many people talking crap about his guy on other boards. It's a joke, lighten up gun owners, ya know?

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Thank you Troy. It seems like you get the joke. I've just seen too many people talking crap about his guy on other boards. It's a joke, lighten up gun owners, ya know?
That's the trouble with the collector mentality. They get all into things like the history and age of objects, and forget that they were made to be used, not worshiped or stored away. Some of them act like a beat-to-crap, worn-out Mosin Nagant is some sort of religious icon or something.

It reminds me of people who buy comic books in plastic slip covers and never, ever take them out to read them, because it might reduce the market value. What's the point of having a comic book you can't read?

My wife had a collection of kerosene lamps when I met her. I have fond memories of kerosene lamps from my grandparents' cabin on the river, and wanted to fire one up. She had a conniption fit when I started to clean the layers of dirt and grime off it, fill it and light it. Never mind that it was nasty-dirty and unusable as it was; it was a "collectible!"

I treat my Mosins with proper respect. I won't bubba one that I think has some history and some character, just to make it into an imitation of a civilian sporting rifle.

On the other hand, unless it's a special piece I might refinish the grungy stock so I can appreciate the wood grain, and if a part on the rifle is kaput I'll replace it and serial numbers be damned.

I don't believe in buying books I can't read, wine I can't drink, cars I can't drive or guns I can't shoot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hah i got dissed in another forum for saying i wanna put a scope on my 91/30 ... i ended up getting banned from it... nevertheless this guy has bubba-fied his MN into a point that it can not be any bubba-ier accroding to the scale from 1 to 10 in the scale of bubba-fication... damn bubba
lol

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Greg,

Not to go too far off topic here, but what is the significance of the silver-tipped ammo in your avatar, or is there any? I do like the Czech silver tipped stuff as well; very accurate for milsurp.

Josh <><

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Czech silver tip is actually my fav of all the 7.62 X 54R's. I tried it on a sniper 91/30 and i got much better groups with it than with my other albanian and hungarian milsurp ammo. so i prefer it better and its also relatively cheap.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
That was an awesome picture. They did the Mosin guys proud by making fun of it. :wink1:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
excellent answer Billy. i figure someday im going to resell black krylon as tactical spray paint, and make huge profits!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts