Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.......

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Mar 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I went to the great city (Phoenix) today and while I was on my way back I saw something that just turned my stomach.

As I am driving my big butted Dodge truck I come up on a, say 1994, Nissan truck (if ya can call the thing a truck to begin with). The dang thing was riding so low it wouldn't pass NASCAR pre-race inpsection. It was no more than three inches from pavement to metal. (Gawd I wish I had a throw-in-the-road speed bump about then).

It's tires stuck out from the fenders no less than 6-8 inches and I've seen more rubber on a worn out washer than there was on the truck's tires.

The truck was painted an ungawdly mustard yellow and resembled the color of the contents of my kids diapers when I changed them.

It had such dark glass you couldn't see anyone so I assume it was a University project with robots driving it (Arizona doesn't enforce dark tints due to high intensity of the sun and heat).

Well, I know one thing for sure no he man would drive such a disgrace of a 'truck'.

If my daughter's boyfriend ever pulled up in one of those low riders I'd had to have become a felon.

Done raving.......'nuff said....yepper.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2002
  2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Wait till he hits a bad railroad crossing. hehe.

3. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

I'm surprized you could see it with all that loud Boom, Boom boom,
    Boom, Boom booming, fine music! Oil Well, got one to tell, My son had to go rescue one of his friends that had a flat tire. I asked, why would you have to go rescue him, couldn't he change his tire.
    My son said he didn't have a spare, well I asked why not...my Son told me he didn't have room for a spare tire, well why not?
    said his Stereo Speakers took up all the room. Well Dell, I would have left him on the side of the road!

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I see cars and pickemups like that about every day. It really annoys me when I am behind some idiot in a butchered full size truck who comes to a complete stop, then inches across the railroad tracks on my way to work because he only has like 2 inches of ground clearance. And what is the deal with those stupid 10" wheels? I have seen people driving cars covered with primer and missing various body parts, yet the owners (or at least "possessors") seem to have spent thousands of dollars on the lowering kit, goofy gold plated wheels, and neon lights. Mr. Scott, one to beam up.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2002
  5. Robert

Robert Member

An here I opened this post 'cause I thought you were talking about Enfeilds and Garands.

6. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i thought he was talking about me and my truck!!! we're both old, ugly and full of holes!!!!!!heh heh heh heh

7. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

There was a nice thing I would do when I pulled over one of these junk piles with the insesent booming. I would always ask if I could check in the back of the vehicle and for some reason these idiots would give me permission at which point one of my pens (actually a centerpunch would slip out of my pocket and into the speaker paper. boy that stopped a lot of the booming. -- and all the violations I could think of I wrote because in PRK technically everything on the car must be stock. No a days I hate it because I get these fools even driving by out here in the country

8. Gyrene

Gyrene G&G Newbie

CA
    Shaun - Dang, is that lil' guy bangin his head bleedin or is that sweat from all the head bumpin???

You are aware that in the PRK that the State law says that if the radio/stereo/etc. can be heard 50 feet or more away from the vehicle, the driver can be cited for creating excessive noise, are you not?? I have never seen a LEO write a ticket for that though.

A neighbor kid had a small Mazda pickumup, with 2 500 watt amps mounted in it. He could be heard over 3 blocks away, whenever he came home, and usually sat in his pickumup for 5 to 10 minutes listening to that, while I could see the pickumup cab flexin in and out with the bass boom.

It was strange, one day he came over to ask for help in getting the Ford Starter motor to run in order to power the hydraulic pump to raise the pickumup truck bed up "Dump Truck Style". I showed him how to wire it, and we checked it out, it worked as he wanted it to. The next time he drove away, I did not hear the "Whump Whump" of the bass music(?), and I never knew when he would come home anymore, because he always shut it down half a mile from home, according to his dad!

9. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Gyrene, what did you do, wire up a limit switch that wouldn't allow his Stereo to play loud within the limits of your hearing?

10. Lanny

Lanny G&G Newbie

Ugly eye

Here's one for you all. One deer season my buddies and I turned off the main road and headed down to where the trail starts to snake and coil and turns from dirt to rocks. We get down the trail aways and come up on this older fella who looks at us and says, "Don't go down that trail, it's a rough one all right." We look and he's riding a red Chevy S10, lowered and 2wd. We lock in the hubs on our Toyotas, thank him for his advice, and spend the next half-mile laughing on our CBs about the fool. Go figure!

11. trucks

I hate seeing people useing trucks that dont need one, hauling around nothing more then a beer couler for a payload. a freind of mine bought a 2000 ford F-150 last year to replace his 91 ford F-150(it was in need of alot of work, plus very rusty) anyway he take all his masonary equipment out of the old truck and loaded it into his new one, when he was done he stood back and looked, the trucks springs where squated like you wouldnt beleave! it's because thay dont put as many rear springs in the new trucks as thay did back in 91, because thay know people arnt useing them as trucks and thus thay can get away with it, in the end he had to buy a F-250(3/4 ton) and it held the same waight as his old 1/2 ton had. pretty sad .I drive 87 chevy silverado 4x4 1/2 ton pick up with a 350 small block. at least I use it for work.

12. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

I wish I had my truck back.

I sold my Toyota 3 yrs ago when I wasn't driving it because ther company had given me a truck to drive home. I wish I had never sold it. Now we have a full size van. I love it. Still wish I had my truck back but wouldn't trade the van for it.

And just a quick word about LOW (intelligence?) RIDERS. In america we have the freedom to do just about anything we want; even make a complete a$$ out of ourselves.

13. And, the last time I knew we still had the right to free speech......amd I STILL say they look ugly.....yepper.

'nuff said

14. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I've noticed the latest craze, neon lights in the cab! Under the frame was bad enough. I couldn't drive with a dang purple light filling the cab. I notice that these low-riders have no suspension to speak of. Can't have wheel travel when the tire is a half inch from the fender. I pity the girl friends when the ride with these morons. Must be painful.

15. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

up in minnesota we have a few of those lowered pieces of junk around, but at least you don't have to look at them from October to April, they don't work too well in 4 feet of snow and ice. the roads in MN aren't known as the best in the country (frost heaves and all) so that keeps them off the road too.

16. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Gyrene

Yes that was the law in PRK when I lived there I moved the the free part of the country 6 years ago so I wouldn't know now but I am sure its still the law boom boom boom music was always my reason to write tickets and make stops I like Country and Classic rock so all that other junk offended my hearing. Usually if they let me search I wouldn't cite but I never told them that. It was also a good way that I used to get illegals arrested and deported

17. SPOCAHP ANAR

Racial profiling

Isn't that racial profiling? Better watch out you could get in trouble.

I think they should Impound the car for 1 week and make you pay a fine to get it out. I'm not against loud music but when you are sitting in traffic and can't hear a dang thing because Homie has to let everyone know where he is; is ridiculous.

I remember at Myrtle beach they watch to see if you pass by a spot more than one time. The Crisng law. I was there with my wife a couple a years ago. We drove it twice but not to cruise; we wanted to find something to do and didn'y know where to go or ppark. They didn't stop us but we were driving a full size custom van. Not your typical cruiser.

18. Am I blind? Who indicated racial profiling? Or was that a 'stir' in the pot. Oh well, my wife's family (Navajo) has members that have low riders........I have a dumb butted nephew that has one (I'm white). So, my question Pha......what is racial profiling.....perhaps the original mention of racial profiling comes from someone that has a passion for it.

I have watched your posts Pha and I realize now just how arrogant and know-it-all you can be. Freedom of speech is quaranteed and I won't do any thing to squash that. Attitude...I can...I am about to employ the ignore member feature here.....yepper.

19. SPOCAHP ANAR

Dale you need to take things a little more tongue in cheek. You said you would search a lowrider thereby given you the chance to try to cacth some more illegals. By associating illegals with lowriders you have demonstrated racial profiling. Now do I think you are a racist, No, I would hope not anyway. And I haven't seen anything from you to say different.

Yes I do support racial profiling when it isn't abused such as:

prime suspect for serial Killer is white male nonmarried prob lives at home about mid 30's.

or plane hijacker is probably mid eastern dissent

I do not agree with pulling over a cadilac because some black teenagers(or other ethnic derivation) are driving it. This includes whites. If LEO have nothing else better to than to stop a car full of teenagers; or block traffic to see who is wearing a seatbelt then there are too many cops.

If I hurt your feelings then I am sorry. But one could say if you are touchy about this subject then you are probably as guilty of this behavior as you accuse me of being.

If anyone sees Dale please tell him to email me so I can apologize. I really do not see why he is so upset over this.

20. Lanny

Lanny G&G Newbie

Uh, getting back to the original thread about weird car/truck setups: what's the deal with 4WD vehicles wearing 20" rims and low profile tires? Don't they know a tall tire's sidewalls flex for traction and also serve to protect the rims off-road; what, they don't go off-road? Oops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.