Gun and Game Forum banner

Ukrainians and the US 2A

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  JamesAPrattIII 
#1 · (Edited)
The ability of the Ukrainian people to hold off the Russian military for any period of time should give a bit of heartburn to the gun grabbing Progressive Leftists in this country. The Ukrainian success, limited thought it may be, is exactly the reason that our Second Amendment was put in place. That is, to give a militia (an armed citizenry) the ability and chance at least, to fight off an aggressive oppressor.

There are approximately 4.25 million guns in the hands of private citizens which number about 38.5 million in the Ukraine. That works out to approximately 1 gun for every 9 citizens. Not a particularly overwhelming amount of private ownership. The type of those guns is unknown although a safe assumption would he hunting rifles, shotguns, and perhaps surplus AK47's that have found their way into the hands of private citizens.

In contrast, in the US there are roughly 330 million people in the US. 32% of Americans say they personally own a firearm according to the 2021 National Firearms Survey. This means that more than 100 million Americans own guns. This comprises handguns whether revolvers or semi-automatics, hunting rifles including sporting rifles, and shotguns of all types. This number only includes adults over 18. When you include family members who live in their same household as a gun owner, that number jumps to 41% of all Americans. Gallup has this figure estimated at 44% of households.

Hopefully this gives pause to the American Left who see this as a complication in their lust for governmental power rather than expression of freedom. The Left does not consider gun ownership a vital declaration of liberty but rather as a setback to be overcome in their psychotic dream of progressive utopia.

As evidenced by the courage and bravery currently being demonstrated by the Ukrainian people even with the limited (though growing) amount of guns to use to defend themselves and their Country, the American Progressive Left must certainly be disappointed by the ability of an armed society to defend itself against tyranny. Something they should consider as they pursue their gun grabbing exploits. Are you listening, Beto?

See less See more
#3 ·
I think it's very...ironic (for lack of a better term) that many in the media that called for fully banning private ownership of any firearms, and are now 'celebrating' that at least some Ukrainian civilians own firearms with which they can shoot at the Russians. And it would seem that the U.S. public opinion is swaying more in favor of private ownership of handguns at least. Undoubtedly, the media coverage of BLM/Antifa rioting and the de-funding of the police in various cities has contrasted with the Left's cries to ban firearms. Illegals crossing the borders, violent crimes being unprosecuted, etc. Most people simply want to live their lives and not be hassled.
It's scary to me, but a lot of people I know just switch on the news as a distraction to their busy lives and don't really care to think very deeply about current events. They tend to take the reporters at their face value - to tell them what they should think. But now the incompetence of government is showing up. No one is not aware of jacked up prices, shipping shortages & delays., Covid "mandate" inconsistencies.
A lot of people have now realized that their safety & security depends on themselves and what we are being told is not necessarily true. Non of this is anything new; it's simply become openly unavoidable to see.
And this is not anything that anyone on G&G isn't aware of - I just wanted to say it to help sort out my own thinking.

#4 ·
I think it's very...ironic (for lack of a better term) that many in the media that called for fully banning private ownership of any firearms, and are now 'celebrating' that at least some Ukrainian civilians own firearms with which they can shoot at the Russians.
I thought the same when the media lauded the same during the Arab Spring, especially at the beginning in Libya and Egypt.

At the time, I unfortunately was in the situation of being around a lot of ultra liberal, hippy dippy sh!theads that actively protest against America private gun ownership and lobby their elected officials to take away our 2A rights, yet these same people applauded citizens taking up arms in the Middle East. They were totally oblivious to the contradictions in their irrational thought process. I gave up on trying to talk sense into them and ultimately chose to remove myself from that environment (long time church member) because of this and other changing tides in membership composition that put me at odds with the way things were changing at the church, despite still having very close relationships with others there. Life’s too short spend it around people you detest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
actually no.
those guys ain't just being handed guns.
if you look at any of the pictures they are filling out paper work so they can hand them back afterwards.
or they'll be dead and their next of kin can pay for it... joke calm down.

anyway.
the left figures they can hand them out when necessary too , and we don't need them otherwise.
you must have missed Joe's remarks during the SOTU speech.

Reactions: 60942
#8 · (Edited)
Aw dagnabbit! I missed Brandon's SOTU speech again! That happened with his next 2, as well.

Edit (Someone asked: Yes I am aware that was Biden's first SOTU address. And. while I hope he is removed from office for election fraud, I plan to not see his next 2 if he is still in there)

#9 ·
The left is all for sending fully automatic rifles, high capacity magazines and lots of ammo, all unregistered to be handed out to citizens to prorect them selves. I wonder if there will be a background check, a waiting period, and manadatory registration? Maybe a training course?

#11 ·
#22 ·
aaand yeah they do have to go through a training regimen.
it's short and sweet and indoors.
but they do get a real quick this is how we do this, the bullets come out this end, and a ride to the edge of town.

#23 ·
My 2 cents. The people in the left know full well that the 2A is a good thing. Thay still want to disarm the people. The liberal, hippy dippys are so brain washed about guns are bad, because we have a gun problem, when we really have a crime problem. A few eyes may be opened, but not enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.