Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could go anywhere, hunt anything and take any rifle in any caliber.. what would you choose for ALL the questions?
The ultimate hunting trip.. oh, I guess you could include who you would take with you and any favourite gear you might have or want.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently printed out these targets Free Targets for Shooters! I get a better sense of accomplishment with these rather than a traditional target.
Mooseman, I would imagine most, including me, would consider your home one of the ideal locations in the world to hunt.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
I recently printed out these targets Free Targets for Shooters! I get a better sense of accomplishment with these rather than a traditional target.
Mooseman, I would imagine most, including me, would consider your home one of the ideal locations in the world to hunt.
+1 !!!!
Rich

·
Registered
474 Posts
ANYWHERE other than Illinois where I could hunt deer with my Marlin 30/30 lever action rifle.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wyoming, mule deer and antelope (with rabbits and prarie dogs) 30-06 and a 17hmr

although ewoks with 22-250 would be fun too

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would like to head to alaska, and have a go at moose, brown bear, wolf, and caribu. I would take two guns. One would be an older ruger, tang safty in 338 win mag, the other would be a 270 in and older ruger as well. either would do the job; but would feel better, chaseing the brown bear, or visa versa.
ewoks were peaceful creatures, don't think I would want to hunt them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ruger is a great gun mk11 is controlled feed and many people prefer it, is that why you like it Shawn?
Forestgleaner, when you say older Ruger, do you mean before they where controlled feed?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like it because it is accurate and reliable, they are not lacking in the looks department either. My favorite was the synthetic and stainless with the ruger in the side of the stock, they only make it in a .22 now, but i have it in a 30-06 and a 7mm mag

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like it because it is accurate and reliable, they are not lacking in the looks department either. My favorite was the synthetic and stainless with the ruger in the side of the stock, they only make it in a .22 now, but i have it in a 30-06 and a 7mm mag
Does it have the narrow/thin stock where the Ruger is written?

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
At this point in my life, everything I say here is just a fantasy, but a trip to Africa would be nice, and of course a 375 H&H would be going along.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At this point in my life, everything I say here is just a fantasy, but a trip to Africa would be nice, and of course a 375 H&H would be going along.
Why a fantasy?
I gotta know.. I'm a eternal optimist.

I have not shot a .375 yet but considering "black death" would be on my list for game, I would want one.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Why a fantasy?
I gotta know.. I'm a eternal optimist.

I have not shot a .375 yet but considering "black death" would be on my list for game, I would want one.
Well, in all honesty, I don't have the "desire" to travel to Africa, or Alaska, I'd rather do my hunting around these parts. However, if someone offered me a hunt, I would go to Alaska or Africa in a heart beat :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear ya Midas, I love my local area and I hate the idea of a guided hunt. I need the feeling of accomplishment, doing the leg work, research, and taking home meat for the freezer. Not to mention the ever growing appreciation for the country around us.
I would love to travel but it would have to be after alot of work and maybe staying in that area for awhile.. no guides, maybe a "local" hunting buddy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts