Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lower life and the UltraMag 50

The prototype UltraMag 50 has 350 plus rounds through it with no ill effects on the lower. The failure rate is really no higher than a standard AR-15.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Ah! I see you are a member of ak-47.net also...welcome bro! :right:

·
Registered
781 Posts
i'm a little confused by the pics. It appears to use a mag that feed from the side, but one of the pics looks like it has a modified magwell. It also looks like the bolt would have to travel backwards into the stock.

What's going on with this thing and can I just use my standard DPMS AR lower for it?

It looks cool, I think I might need one and no BG3 needs a good reason to buy an AR. Can we please work on the 30-378Wby AR semi conversion next?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Well I guess that 30-378 thingy would have to feed like the SafetyHarbor one, from the side, since no AR has an action long enough for it, unless you're talking about building a whole new upper and lower just on the AR design. With 30-378's ability to wear barrels, maybe one mag rapid fire would do it? It would need a quick detach barrel and you'd need a bunch of spares in your range bag. Or better yet, have a magazine feeding new barrels.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I might just buy a weatherby behemoth one day just to get the itch out of my system. Maybe a cozy little mark V with the accubrake. Just have to find a 500yd range to even make it plausible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts