Gun and Game Forum banner

UltraMag 50 AR-15 upper

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  BattleRifleG3 
#1 ·
#9 ·
i'm a little confused by the pics. It appears to use a mag that feed from the side, but one of the pics looks like it has a modified magwell. It also looks like the bolt would have to travel backwards into the stock.

What's going on with this thing and can I just use my standard DPMS AR lower for it?

It looks cool, I think I might need one and no BG3 needs a good reason to buy an AR. Can we please work on the 30-378Wby AR semi conversion next?

#10 ·
Well I guess that 30-378 thingy would have to feed like the SafetyHarbor one, from the side, since no AR has an action long enough for it, unless you're talking about building a whole new upper and lower just on the AR design. With 30-378's ability to wear barrels, maybe one mag rapid fire would do it? It would need a quick detach barrel and you'd need a bunch of spares in your range bag. Or better yet, have a magazine feeding new barrels.

#11 ·
I might just buy a weatherby behemoth one day just to get the itch out of my system. Maybe a cozy little mark V with the accubrake. Just have to find a 500yd range to even make it plausible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.