close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unissued Swiss K-31 are in.

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by Full MeTal Jack, Aug 13, 2014.

1. 20140805_180749 25.jpg View attachment 71295 Couldn't make up my mine on which one to get. Walnut or Beech. Solution-buy two.
    Walnut one is 1944 while the beech wood one is a 1951.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    swedesrus likes this.

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Where'd you get them? Prices?

3. Oh sorry. Was having trouble posting pics. Got distracted. Samco Global Arms. Right at $600 each.

4. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Beautiful! I can't imagine a 70 year old battle rifle that's unissued. I'd love one but that's too rich for me. I'll make do with my two used K31's.

5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well them didn't last long.

Sold out.

Full MeTal Jack likes this.
  6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Great looking rifles...

7. dogzebra

dogzebra G&G Evangelist

I like your solution. Both look really nice.

8. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's right, from what I've seen on the various forums they are refurbished ones and I doubt if they were refurbished by the military.

ChaZam and texnmidwest like this.
  9. gandog56

Oooohhhh, I like those Blondie stocks!

10. I really don't think the two are refurbished. Compared it to my other k31 which I did a chemical clean a light sand finish with oil. The unissued still have rough cuts (minor) from original stock cutting. Will be putting some shooter's choice down the barrel and see what turns up.

11. Blonde stocks are something else!

12. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

13. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    They both are nice rifles but there are several things that should make you wonder and one of these is that a 1944 made rifle was made during the years that beauty did not count and every gun was needed. The only real new unissued ones that I know about are all post-war beech ones.

14. Now you have my interest. An autopsy should be in order. Autopsy, bad word, it's not dead. Investigation! I'll take pictures. Don't be in a hurry. Have a camphouse to build and two deer blinds.

15. Guisan, nice haul bud! K31find_zps7bee23c7.jpg
    You can post my two rifles if you want.

16. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Vey nice rifles! Wish I had kept all my milsurps. Had a couple of clean K-31's. Very accurate rifles!

17. 728shooter

728shooter G&G Addict

My local Gander Mountain just got in some very nice K-31's, some beech wood, some walnut, condition very good to excellent. Your choice, 0n sale, $329 each.....

18. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Gander Mountain had several K-31s in very good to excellent condition for under $400 the other day. It was surprising because A.) Everything else they had was overpriced, and B.) I hadn't seen K-31s in that condition, at that price for a long time.

19. gandog56

[​IMG]

I like the middle one!