close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Universal Mag Well K-Put

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Mar 15, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

A friend of mine has a universal M1 Carbine whose mag well chronically cracks. He's tried serious repair, and apparently repairing the thing isn't an option. Does anyone know where one could find a replacement mag well, or adapt a better one to fit it? The guy plans to just leave it to collect dust and buy another carbine.

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

If it's a Universal,

it may have to be relegated to a paper weight. I don't know if anyone has spare Universal parts available anymore. Tell your friend good luck. Has he tried a different trigger housing from a different carbine? He could luck out, but, from what I've heard about the Universal, he may be better off getting another carbine.

3. militarianut

militarianut G&G Newbie

Ask him what kinda parts he has on it. Are any of them USGI? if it's an early model he might be able to put a USGI trigger housing on it. I think you said something about this before but. . . - myers

4. Allen

Allen G&G Newbie

SW OH
    I own a Universal M1 Carbine. I had the same problem and was able to use a USGI M2 trigger housing. I had to modify it slightly but it works fine. Plus you can use the M2 30 rd mags.

5. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

Allen,
    How did you modify it? I found an M2 housing advertised in CenterfireSystems for $30.