close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unsavory Signs

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

yep the world has gone nuts....I say we hunt the PETA members...bet they taste like chicken. Course I guess the 1st amendment does not apply in maine.

Unsavory Signs

Anti-hunting activists in Maine say pro-hunting signs outside of town insisting that "Animals Taste Good" are offensive and should be removed, reports the Press Herald.

Two signs, in a traffic circle in Kittery, Maine, bear the slogans "Animals Taste Good" and "Target Practice." They urge voters to reject a proposal that would restrict people from carrying weapons in a local state forest. Nancy Bogenberger, one of the petitioners seeking the ban on hunting, denies asking town councilors to remove the signs but insists they are offensive.

"It's kind of silly," Bogenberger said of the signs. "But I don't think hunters are the kind of people that you can call responsible anyway. They're not decent people if they kill for fun."

But town Councilor Mark Sousa says they should stay. He said he is tired of animal rights activists complaining about them -- especially when activists have their own signs up urging voters to pass the ordinance.

"Personally, I don't think the sign that says 'Animals Taste Good' is in good taste," he said. "But if [hunters] have to take our signs down, they have to take theirs down, too."
    :p

2. Yes lets take those nasty signs down because they are very offensive. But lets leave those pictures on the tabloids in the supermarkets of Rosie O kissing women up.

3. when will there be a season for unamerican leftist lunatics?
    -Jess

4. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

I bet they eat meat though, beef, chicken, turkey, i kill my game elk, deer, they must think hamburger, grows on the hamburger tree, happiness is a warm gut pile, hoorah

5. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

7mmmag, you speak the truth, there was a survey done on 14 to 16 year olds and I think it was about 70-80% said that milk came from cartons, not cows. Meat came from a meat factory etc.
    It really blows my mind, but it makes it easier to understand why there are so many animal rights freaks out there, they are completly detached from reality.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I read once that American society (and presumably the civilized world, too) is always three days from total breakdown and anarchy if somehow the stores ran out and weren't resupplied, shipments stopped, etc. Supposedly that's how long the food supplies in most urban areas would last, then . . . ? Would these Animal Righters be able to fend for themselves, or just starve? How many anti-gun people would wake up and start arming themselves? William Johnstone's earlier "Ashes" series books have an interesting take on this.