Gun and Game Forum banner
181 - 200 of 218 Posts

· Registered
5,618 Posts
they work fine on every rifle i have them on. one thing that bothers some people, with the ncstar scope mentioned at the beginning of the thread, is that there's very little clearence for the area around the scopes turret area. the scope ends up being cocked just a hair. i don't know why it bothers some people. i simply adjust my hold till the crosshairs are right. some people have problems with the mount moving and resort to pinning it. i don't know why. if it wants to move back, i tighten the front screws first. if it wants to move forward, i tighten it from the rear first. after the first re-torque, mine do not move. i don't like or use loktite on scope mounts either. it's a crutch for the real problem.
some of the mosin rails i've come across aren't machined to well. i.e. narrower in the front or rear. that must add to some peoples problems.
i like them a lot. best scout mount for a 91/30 in my opinon. and you can't beat the price. add a couple extra items to your shopping cart and optics planet and they'll ship it for free as well!

· Registered
1,099 Posts
they work fine on every rifle i have them on. one thing that bothers some people, with the ncstar scope mentioned at the beginning of the thread, is that there's very little clearence for the area around the scopes turret area. the scope ends up being cocked just a hair. i don't know why it bothers some people. i simply adjust my hold till the crosshairs are right. some people have problems with the mount moving and resort to pinning it. i don't know why. if it wants to move back, i tighten the front screws first. if it wants to move forward, i tighten it from the rear first. after the first re-torque, mine do not move. i don't like or use loktite on scope mounts either. it's a crutch for the real problem.
some of the mosin rails i've come across aren't machined to well. i.e. narrower in the front or rear. that must add to some peoples problems.
i like them a lot. best scout mount for a 91/30 in my opinon. and you can't beat the price. add a couple extra items to your shopping cart and optics planet and they'll ship it for free as well!
thanks for the info!

· Registered
1,099 Posts
I hope my scope is not cocked. I am going with the leapers 100mm Accu-shot. I want it level. I'll be ticked off if it isn't.

· Registered
8,034 Posts
I finally took some photos of my setup. I haven't actually taken it out and fired it yet..... I'm lazy, the rifle needs to be cleaned real good, and I've got too many others to shoot. But I have high hopes for it. That's an NcStar 2-7x32 LER scope, number SPB2732B. If the mount gives me any guff, I'll take it to my gunsmith and have him add a couple more holes and screws to the base clamp of the mount.

· Registered
1,712 Posts
I finally took some photos of my setup. I haven't actually taken it out and fired it yet..... I'm lazy, the rifle needs to be cleaned real good, and I've got too many others to shoot. But I have high hopes for it. That's an NcStar 2-7x32 LER scope, number SPB2732B. If the mount gives me any guff, I'll take it to my gunsmith and have him add a couple more holes and screws to the base clamp of the mount.

If the mount moves then file small grooves in the bottom of the mount so you can slide the rear sight base pins through. That's what I did with mine and it does not move.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
If the mount moves then file small grooves in the bottom of the mount so you can slide the rear sight base pins through. That's what I did with mine and it does not move.
I am going with your(and others)recommendation and using the Leapers 100mm Accu-shot mount. is there enough material on the 100mm mount to make notches in it for the factory pins? thanks for sharing your knowledge.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
I didn't mess with the pins on mine. It has been a while since I did it, but I am pretty sure that there is a pointy set screw going vetically through the mount into the dovetail. I drilled a very shallow, small hole in the correct place on the dovetail, and tightened the set screw into the hole. It worked for me.

Verne

· Registered
1,099 Posts
I didn't mess with the pins on mine. It has been a while since I did it, but I am pretty sure that there is a pointy set screw going vetically through the mount into the dovetail. I drilled a very shallow, small hole in the correct place on the dovetail, and tightened the set screw into the hole. It worked for me.

Verne
sweet, maybe I'll do that and the pins. probably overkill, but I want 0 issues with mount stability under recoil.

· Registered
1,099 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
why is this not stickied?

great thread! I just ordered the 100mm Accu-shot mount this morning!

Leapers Accushot Premium Airgun/.22 Full Length Integral Medium Profile Mount RGPM2PA-25M4. RGPM2PA-25M4. Leapers Accushot Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases, Leapers Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

soon as I get it Installed and zeroed, I'll post up a video range report and a target!
Quick response and fast payment. Perfect! THANKS!! Please come back!Seller: Member id opticsplanet ( Feedback Score Of 80152
)

:kinky:

· Registered
8,034 Posts
you guys were right, its a nice mount and it fits like a glove! appreciate the advice and the thread. not seeing any tilt to the scope at all.
:beerchug:
Hard to believe it's only $13.95, huh? Shame the shipping is so high. You got this one, right?

181 - 200 of 218 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.