close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Upload a pic?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Aug 29, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I have one scanned. Can anybody tell me how to attach it to a post off o a disk?

2. Are you talking a 3.5 floppy disc or to a CD?

For a floppy you bring up the pic...right click...save as......select whatever your floppy drive is (mine is 'A"), name it.....save.

For CD it requires a cd writer and CD writer program.

Have I understood you correctly?

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Actually I should have clarified. I have a pic on a 3.5 floppy. I want to type a post on this forum and then attach the pic. Where do I go in this forum to attach it?

4. Gotcha...
    on the reply screen go down to 'attach a file'....click browse.

Go the the area....hard drive, floppy, etc. and find the file you want to attached.

Highlight.......close....should be listed in the 'attach file' box.

If it is, submit your reply.

5. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Where are you finding the "attach a file?" I can't seem to find it....

6. Two sections below where you type your reply or thread.

Just click the 'Browse' button....find your pic, highlight it, close.....the info should be in the box just to the left of it One.

If you don't have an 'Attach File' feature....I don't know what to tell you.

I guess if you could drag and drop if you'd like but possibly, like my screen, you'd have to arrange the size of the forum screen....bring up the file location....hold down on the mouse button and drag it to the post.

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Wow, I sincerely don't have those options on my screen. Ther's really nothing there about "attach" or "browse!" The only "browse" that I can see is in the totally separate User CP screen.......

8. Dale I got you. 1* click on post reply--down - left hand corner. Not your reply, but post reply. Show us your pic.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2002
  9. No browse funtion on my User CP screen.....mmmmmm.

Don't know what to tell you except trying the drag and drop ability....which can be a pain in the butt.

Oh, Jesse.......step in here guy....help!

10. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Al, I've got a "submit reply" button. But nothing that says "post reply." I have a list of forum rules down in the left hand corner. It says that I "may post attachments" But i SEE NO WAY TO
    "BROWSE" my files and find pics that I have saved....

11. Don't use user cp--When you reply to this message click post reply --next to new thread. In the bar area after each last post.

12. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Yee Haw! Since the upgrade, I finally have the "attachment" section at the bottom of my screen! Boy, I sure have a bunch of stuff to post when I get home today....

13. Dang, it's about time you figured this crap out. lol

Send you guys off for a coffee break and we have to retrain you when you come back, he he he he.

14. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

That sounds familiar actually!