Urgently read this! Or you could be banned!

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Chris, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

If you are posting a story from a news site, stop!

Post a link to the story, with a recap of what is going on.

Don't say "THIS IS MESSED UP". and post a link.

Discuss what is going intelligently, and post the link.

If you are copying from the website, it opens G&G up to serious legal issues.
    I'm not playing here. Want a warning? Here it is.

Thanks for your attention.

2. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I really havn't the foggiest what you are talking about.I post (or used to) things from the web I find to verify what I am talking about.I never knew it was wrong.I never intended to cause any trouble.Without verification nothing on here is believeable.And without being able to prove what I say is true there is no sense in me posting. Sorry for any trouble I caused.

3. Chris

Samuel,

If you are posting the content of the link, post here on G&G, G&G is now breaking the law. We can't have that.
    Post the link to the content, that is fine.
    hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

4. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

I understood. No copy/paste even in quotation marks. Say the article title then post a LINK to the site where the article is. Otherwise, due to legalities, this site could go down and never come up again. Correct Chris?

5. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

not a problem, I sure don't want G&G down for good!

6. ... it's all about copyright infringement.

7. drtybykr

drtybykr G&G Newbie

Here is a good article regarding this

8. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

^ that is messed up,I hope that guy burns in his house... I hate lawyers!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  9. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I think I have this right.I can use the deal at the very top of the page to reference access to an article,but cannot copy and paste the article.(or part of)If this is how it is it is the way I was doing most of it (not all) and sounds great to me.I would not intentionally do anything wrong and hope someone tells me if I am/do.Chris very graciously took his time and answered me.Thank you very much Chris.

10. this guy gives new meaning to the word "parasite"....

11. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    OK, folks. Get ready for a rash of LINKS to nothing. Once this lawyer's new game gets spread around, more lawyers will jump on the wagon, and pretty soon you will see lots of articles disappearing from the web the day after they are posted.

I guess that happens a good bit, now, come to think of it. Especially the articles that point fingers at Obama or other high positioned criminals in the govt./bankster organizations. LOL

Anyway, Chris' new policy is well advised, and I will do my part to keep it "by the rules."

12. TGF

TGF G&G Newbie

Intelectual Property Rights no different than coping a song or dvd.

13. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I don't think I had better take a chance on doing something wrong.I can't verify without posting verification.I see no sense in trying to post if I can't back up what I say.As to news articles, ah well,this isn't the world I was raised in,I'll find something.

14. Never_Evil

Never_Evil G&G Evangelist

Although I will follow the rules of not posting content after posting a link, this is kind of ridiculous. I do think if you were to give credit of who posted it, it would not be copyright infringement. Kind of reminds me of High School when you have to cite your sources when you right a report, well the link and the content would be one half.... and who posted it, who wrote it, and what company published it would be the other half that would be needed to provide the "intellectual property rights" to their rightful owner.

15. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    So long story short: we can paraphrase the content, enough to let people decided if they want to follow the link; but we can't copy a paragraph or two to give them the flavor and then attach the link? Have I got this right?

16. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

As 338Rum wrote..."I hate lawyers" who do those things. My feelings exactly!

The following link gives the history of lawyers:The History of Lawyers

However, when I feel violated, my feelings about certain legal procedings change. I hate lawyers...but from time to time I need them...but I still don't like them.

Worst scenario: Without law we would have a chaotic society. We'd revert back to being forced to yield to the physically strongest people around us.

Now back to the subject of this thread, if I invented something and got it patented, I would expect to be reimbursed for it's use. That's fair enough.
    But...some lawyers are sleezy enough to only look for cases like this instead of taking on cases I believe have merit. (Ha)

So...it's a contridictory situation..."can't live with them and can't live without them."

17. Chris

I can't take the risk of being sued for $150,000 whether I'm in the right or not. I also can't afford to go to Las Vegas constantly. These guys are out for blood, and it best take them as serious as possible.

Posting in your own words, describing the link is all that can be done. Anything else violates these rules.

18. Are you suggesting we are also not allowed to cut and paste the link?

19. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

If I unintentionally violated the rule...I apologize. I thought the new rule meant we could post the link only...but nothing within it.

Please delete my post if it's in any violation of G&G's rules.