Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,860 Posts
When I am in rut I never did that. I have peed behind my garage though. Just kidding. I have found scrapes during this time of Black powder hunting and fresh wet spray in them. Very strong smell. I set up a trail cam at a few and amazed how many does visit them.
Yeah, I peed on the corner post of the bed once....it didn't go well.

· Registered
1,974 Posts
How many hunters when finding a fresh scrape will urinate in it? My Dad did this to every scrape he came to and Deer continued to use them. I didn't do a study as to whether it attracted or repelled them but I did observe deer visiting those scrapes while hunting.
Just like human kids, immature deer are not too bright yet. The only way to learn is to sniff 'em all and hope they survive to know better next year. You could drip skunk scent in it and get the same results.

You may or may not get "some deer" still walk over and "check out this goofy smell" but you've ruined it for any decent bucks.

· Registered
23,359 Posts
I usually shoot a doe first of the season, cut the tarsal glands off, urinate on them to reactivate them and use them as drags. You should see the bucks coming in with their nose to the ground. I also urinate in scrapes and make mock scrapes/rubs. Messes with their minds.😀
I've never hear of that, but that's brilliant.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts