US Army soldier attempted mass shooting

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TACAV, Aug 28, 2010.

1. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Anyone else see this one? As far as I know it was hardly reported if at all in mainstream media.

Video here
    ksl.com - Officer injured, suspect killed in police shootout

A US soldier attempted a possible mass shooting in Salt Lake City yesterday afternoon. He walked out to a busy intersection wearing full ACU's, helmet, and combat load with 11 magazines and armed with an M16/AR15. When police arrived he shot up on one of officers car and a couple other vehicles in the area and during the resulting short gunfight one officer was shot in the leg before he returned fire killing the soldier.

The criminal was stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord Tacoma, Washington. There a some reports stating he was an Afghanistan combat veteran and other stating he was a deserter at the time.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

Sounds like Suicide by Cop.

This is what happens when guys don't get re-intergrated back into society when they get back from a war zone.

Although, it woulda been nice if he had have taken out a few Democrats before going completely postal ;)

3. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I heard about it, on the truck radio.
    Fox News radio.

4. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

There has got to be more to this than we now have. I hope it is made public. What a shame and waste of life for a soldier to return from a war zone then choose to die in the street of the Country he had been fighting for.

5. it was a suicide by cop, sounds like.... don't know enough about the guys history to speculate more....

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I am sure there is more to this sad story than meets the eye.