US Warns of Chinese Cyber Attacks Against Businesses

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BunnyWabbit, Aug 20, 2010.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

But they are our FRIENDS! (and bankers)

2. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

This is an easy fix. First imediately halt the importing of any product made in China into the US. Then default on the billions of dollars that we owe them. Problem solved. China will go back to being the worlds largest third world country that we had to save from the tiny island nation of Japan in WWII like it has been for the past 1000 years before we started feeding it by importing every piece of crap that they produce into our country.

Michael

3. And now we know how they get there money, hack the US then "lend" them there own money.

4. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

I'll say only this. Most businesses in this country, in the interest of saving money, are running out dated, and therefore exploitable programs. Stealing information, which can lead to bank accounts etc., from many of them would be child's play.

It doesn't commonly happen because getting away with it is another matter.

5. grizcty

It is WAY too late, to do this.
    As this would absolutely cripple the country.
    We have given up, our industrial dominance.
    And will NEVER, be able to get it back.

6. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

+1 grizcty
    We don't have the manufacturing capability to come close to cutting off imports any more. A lot of this is thanks to NAFTA, but actually started in the 60's. We no longer even produce enough food to feed ourselves when we once had the capability to feed the world.
    The one thing China doesn't want is for the American economy to crash. Limp along at half speed perhaps, but not totally collapse.

7. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Sounds like something the Government wants to hear to show the need for the Government to control the internet.

8. I was thinking the same thing windwalker, they have been trying to work this net neutrality thing for a while and it sounds like something set up for them to use.

9. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

I guy can dream though right? It just bothers me that we spend millions of dollars and thousand of American lives to save them from being destroyed by Japan in WWII and this is how it is repayed. By attacking us 5 years later in Korea and now on the internet.

Michael

10. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Should have listened to McArther and we wouldn't have this problem now.

11. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

Boy,you hit the nail on the head that time!

12. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

There lies a problem with that. McArthur would have used nukes if he could and POSSIBLY would have had to because of the sheer number of Chineese. THen that might also get Russia involved since they more than likely provided China AND North Korea with the weapons they needed. Possibly having to AT LEAST threaten to nuke Russia as well. If I remember correctly, they hadn't stolen the plans for the bomb yet, so we would still have the one-up until they had it as well. WW III would have happened during a time when Europe was sick of war and trying to recover. Somebody help me verify some of this info, but tactically I think that is what would happen.

13. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

I believe he told Truman he needed about 15 nukes to take China out of the war. Russian was not in good shape in 1950. I doubt they had much of a taste for war either. They had the weapons and experience but for years after the war many Russians still did not have enough food to eat and having just lost over 20 million people fighting WWII they might have sat that one out. How come the Generals when they make predictions are always right. Patton in 45 said the Russians were going to try and grab all the land they could and he was right Mc Aurthur wanted to nuke China to put them in their place and now it is very apparent we would be much better off if he had. The list goes on and on.

Michael

14. Never say never.

But seriously, I think if we tried, we could bring back the industry that unions and high taxes ran off. But if we did, we'd have to prevent/stop the unions from making whatever product is made so expensive that no one can afford it or would have to get in debt just to buy whatever it might be.

I mean, look at how much more expensive cars are because of the high union wages and high end health care and pension plans they have are.

If people are honest about it, they'd admit it was unions and high taxes that ran off the mighty industries the U.S. once had.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  15. grizcty

I agree with you 100%.

16. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

If we would have listened to what Patton said about Russia and what MacArthur said about China we would certainly have a different set of problems now.

17. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

G/M the union problem that you perceive is how we developed the American standard of living. The mega wealthy industrialists and financiers around this globe do not think that is a luxury that you and I are entitled to so that is why they have embarked on all this foreign trade exploiting labor rates in 3rd world economies and selling it to you and me at massive profits. According to www.numbersusa.com there are 4.6 billion people in this world working for less money than the Mexican population so the illegal immigration problem we see from our southern border is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the economic tumble the have in mind for us.

At some point those who perceive union labor as a problem will see the error of their reasoning, but by then the USA and Europe will be 3rd world economies also and the mega wealthy will have all the marbles again. Kind of like Europe in the middle ages.