Gun and Game Forum banner

Usc .45acp

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  sunwheel29 
#1 ·
I figured I'd put it where it belongs..

Anyway, this wandered out of a local shop with me last night.. I'm not a modern military kind of guy.. The last NRA High Power match I shot in, I used a 1900 Swedish Mauser, and for CMP matches I'm usually there with my Winchester M1 Carbine.

While I have a AR or two, I'd much rather shoot my Winchester Model 70 Westerner in .223, than the modern stuff..

But last night this followed me out..

I liked the light weight, the pumpkin chuckin' .45ACP, and the fact that it's just plain different looking..

I tossed my Eotech on it last night and plan on sighting it in this afternoon... Results to follow..

Anyway, anyone who has one, please chime in with what you do with it, how you like it, and any other thoughts. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
It is the civilian sporterized person of their UMP-45 submachine gun.
It is accurate, reliable and lightweight albeit a bit blocky.

If you ever get a wild hair up your butt you do what my friend did with his and spend another $3,000, buy all the parts and SBR it and get it legally converted to a semi auto UMP with the side folding stock, short barrel and standard lower that will let you use the 25 round magazines.

So it looks like this.

DSC01041.jpg Photo by narcolepsy123456 | Photobucket

If not then you still have a great .45 ACP carbine. :)

#3 ·
I don't have a Crony, but was wondering if anyone knows what sort of speed standard .45ACP ball ammo is reaching as it leaves this barrel??

I know that with my Ruger 44 carbine, a bullet has more power behind it at 100 yards than it does at the muzzle as it comes out of a handgun.

Standard velocity

230 gr (15 g) US Army Ball FMJ 830 ft/s (250 m/s) 352 ft·lbf (477 J)
Test barrel length: 5 in

I just wonder what happens when that barrel length goes to 16"???

#4 ·
I have one of theses that I converted back to a UMP I love it and just a FYI theses are made to withstand the pressure of the .45Supper/SMG that can push the 230gr ball at over 1200-1500 fps or 185 gr pills at over 1700 fps out of the 16" bbl I have also seen them rechamberd in .40s&w and 10mm if you ever want to play with it

Here are the .45 supper specks out of a 5" bbl

185 gr (12 g) JHP1,300 ft/s (400 m/s)694 ft·lbf (941 J)
200 gr (13 g) JHP1,200 ft/s (370 m/s)639 ft·lbf (866 J)
230 gr (15 g) FMJ1,100 ft/s (340 m/s)618 ft·lbf (838 J)

**** Auto Correct !!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
I don't have a Crony, but was wondering if anyone knows what sort of speed standard .45ACP ball ammo is reaching as it leaves this barrel??

I know that with my Ruger 44 carbine, a bullet has more power behind it at 100 yards than it does at the muzzle as it comes out of a handgun.

Standard velocity

230 gr (15 g) US Army Ball FMJ830 ft/s (250 m/s)352 ft·lbf (477 J)
Test barrel length: 5 in

I just wonder what happens when that barrel length goes to 16"???
They say that 230gr ball is going around 200fps faster in the 16" bbl so it would be 1030ish

#7 ·
It is the civilian sporterized person of their UMP-45 submachine gun.
It is accurate, reliable and lightweight albeit a bit blocky.

If you ever get a wild hair up your butt you do what my friend did with his and spend another $3,000, buy all the parts and SBR it and get it legally converted to a semi auto UMP with the side folding stock, short barrel and standard lower that will let you use the 25 round magazines.

So it looks like this.

DSC01041.jpg Photo by narcolepsy123456 | Photobucket

If not then you still have a great .45 ACP carbine. :)
Or you can do what I did and use the geese gun convention and pay 500.00 including mags (19-30 each insted of 60-100 per mag) to use 30rnd mags :) http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/USC-to-UMP-Grease-Gun-Conversion-US-Made-p1025.htm

#8 ·
Or you can do what I did and use the geese gun convention and pay 500.00 including mags (19-30 each insted of 60-100 per mag) to use 30rnd mags :) HK USC Grease Gun Conversion Kit - HKPARTS.NET

haha you said "geese gun"

I was like "now how do they convert this thing to a shotgun???" lol hahah

ha cool. how is it working out for you?
I'm guessing well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.