Gun and Game Forum banner

Used USP 9mm?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jmp8927 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
I would if I were in the market for a 9mm pistol with a polymer frame. Similar used police trade-in 9mm Glock 17 and 19 pistols and .40 Glock 22 and 23 pistols are going for around $400 at AIM Surplus. Glock is O.K. but I would opt for the HK USP. Check out their catalog in the link below for comparisons.

Our Catalog

#3 ·
It's a V3, just be aware. The double action on a V3 trigger runs at about 11 pounds. It's pretty smooth despite the weight, but takes quite a bit of practice for accurate first round hits. Reset is also a little long if you're used to short resets from something like a 1911.

#4 ·
It's a V3, just be aware. The double action on a V3 trigger runs at about 11 pounds. It's pretty smooth despite the weight, but takes quite a bit of practice for accurate first round hits. Reset is also a little long if you're used to short resets from something like a 1911.

Yeah I forgot to ask what a variant 3 was like. Hmm I was considering this for my dad, he currently has a S&W Sigma 9mm, and that already has a pretty heavy pull, maybe this would be a downgrade instead of an upgrade! lol

#5 ·
Yeah I forgot to ask what a variant 3 was like. Hmm I was considering this for my dad, he currently has a S&W Sigma 9mm, and that already has a pretty heavy pull, maybe this would be a downgrade instead of an upgrade! lol
I run a V3 P2000 and it works perfectly well. I really enjoy the pistol, but you just have to learn its ins and outs. It's my current CCW, and I've run it in competition once when my 1911 went down. Ended up with a faster time than with my main match gun.

Like I said, the 11 pounds is heavy, but it's smooth and the trigger geometry allows for an even pull despite the weight. After the initial double action, all subsequent shots are single action and approximately 4.5 pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.