close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

USGI M-14 mag ID question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Sylvan, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Sylvan

Sylvan G&G Newbie

Just bought some M-14 mags. I believe they are issue, but I am not sure. They are all parkarized. The spine have small armory marks.
    One is KMT, one is UHC, one is WO or OM, one is HR-R, and one is, BRW S-1. Is one brand any better than the other. Are these actual USGI?
    Thanks

2. Jim Messer

Jim Messer G&G Newbie

Yep, they are GI. I am not sure about the KMT, can't remember but it will come back to me. The UHC is Union Hardware Company, the OM is Olin Mathison (Winchester), the HR is Harrington & Richardson and the BRW is Borg Warner. They all are worth hanging on to but probably the OM (Winchester) may bring a little more for resale.

3. garand

garand G&G Newbie

KMT stands for Kileen Machine & Tool. I believe that they made M14 parts for the gulf war. I could be wrong. I have a KMT triggerguard.

4. Sylvan

Sylvan G&G Newbie

Thanks

Thanks a bunch,
    now I just have to buy an M1A.
    Cart before the horse, anyone?:D

5. garand

garand G&G Newbie

What are you looking for in an M1A for I am tossing around the idea of selling one of mine? E-mail me offline garand@mail.com if you want to know more.

6. hipshooter

hipshooter G&G Newbie

ohio
    is their any places out their i can pick up some inexpensive mags...not junk. i seen a web sight somewhere now i cant find it . tia

7. C.Good.

C.Good. G&G Newbie