Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mad scientist in me has shown its ugly head! :insane: Since I don't have a USP 40 (yet), I have been trying to justify one by thinking that I could pick up a 357 sig barrel for it and have 2 calibers out of one gun. Great idea, right? :kinky: does anyone know if this conversion is a reliable venture or will I end up w/ Frankengun? :eek:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Cyclops, Yes it has been done. A good smith can do it, and if I remember right H&K sold the 357sig with a 40S&W barrel for a short time that was when the 357sig was introduced. everything ealse on the gun is the same mag and all. Good Luck....

·
Registered
253 Posts
The only thing the Smith is need for is to make sure the barrel and slide lockup right. Other than that you are good to go out side of caliber the guns are the same.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rock, from what I've read on other forums, I guess there's a reliability problem. From what I've read, the 40 mags don't reliably feed the 357 sig rounds. :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the rub. HK doesn't make a fullsize USP in 357 sig, so there are no 357 sig mags. The compact USP is available in 40 S&W and 357 sig so the swap work because you can get mags that work for either caliber.
Since starting this thread, I'm coming to the realization that the 357 sig might go the way of the 10mm. Nice efficient round but a solution to a non existent problem. :right:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been wanting a .357sig barrel for my compact.40, but only recently have inexpensive barrels been avalible. H&K will NOT sell you one unless you send in a damaged one!!! SigSaur used to sell their P229's with both barrels from the factory!! Those were the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I've been told, Jarvis & Bar Sto have barrels in 357 sig for the USPc Cost is about $200

1 - 9 of 9 Posts