Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.New to this forum.Trying to find information on a Valor sm11 .25 pistol.I searched the net and found next to nothing.Any info wuld be greatly appreciated.Thanks:)

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Valor was an Import Co. in south Florida Years ago...The imported among other things,Saturday night Specials, In other words, Cheap guns that they had built overseas...
value...is around 30.00...and it is not something you want to depend on in a life threatening situation.
I Knew the Valor Distributor personnally in Central Florida....
Rich

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry for upping an old thread but this was the no.1 search hit for finding info about this handgun/firearm.

nyways I already aquired this firearm and am also trying to find any info about it such as a manual or instructions on how to maintain it and other saftey tips I should know.

Now I'm familiar with modern handguns as far as maintenance goes but never encountered this particular one in the shop I worked at so I'm clueless as to how to properly service this. Any help is appreciated.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,312 Posts
Looks likeone of the many copies of the basic Baby Browning design. To field strip for cleaning, remove magazine and make sure the pistol is empty! If it has a 'take down' cut on the left side of the slide, try pulling the slide back til the lever can be pushed up into it to lock it back. Then the barrel may be able to turn (try either direction) to get it out of it's lock grooves. At this point, the barrel is pulled out the front, then the slide comes off forwards too. Wiith the grip panels removed, this will allow youto clean and lube the little pistol. Assembly is the reverse.

Have you tried shooting it? Use a magnet to see if the frame is steel or alloy - many cheap pistols use 'zamak' zinc alloy. I'd feel safer with steel.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Looks likeone of the many copies of the basic Baby Browning design. To field strip for cleaning, remove magazine and make sure the pistol is empty! If it has a 'take down' cut on the left side of the slide, try pulling the slide back til the lever can be pushed up into it to lock it back. Then the barrel may be able to turn (try either direction) to get it out of it's lock grooves. At this point, the barrel is pulled out the front, then the slide comes off forwards too. Wiith the grip panels removed, this will allow youto clean and lube the little pistol. Assembly is the reverse.

Have you tried shooting it? Use a magnet to see if the frame is steel or alloy - many cheap pistols use 'zamak' zinc alloy. I'd feel safer with steel.
what he said

·
Registered
6 Posts
Magnet def stick lol.

I haven't fired a full live round yet, but what I have done to test it was fired just the primer. I took the bullet and powder out of the shell. It detonated the primer no problem and the curvature in the primer looked good. Now I just need to test this and find out how well it cycles and reloads.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,312 Posts
My shooting buddy has a .25ACP pistol he plays with now & then, but for defense, he trusts his 9mm's and .45's........ :wink1:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
I think you'd do better with a prewar Ortgies in 6.35mm/.25 ACP than that Saturday Night Special. You'd do better yet with a 7.65mm/.32 ACP Ortgies. At least you'd know it's not going to blow up on you!

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
:haha:

if these guys scare you out of the pistol send me a pm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts