close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vektor 9mm

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BSchroeder, Apr 29, 2002.

1. BSchroeder

BSchroeder G&G Newbie

I see Kiesler Warehouse in Jeffersonville, IN is advertising new Vektor 9mm pistols for $299.

I read a magazien article about them a few years ago and was intrigued by their gas-retarded blowback system. Very different. Not necessarily good, but different.

Anybody have any experience with these cats?

Ben

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

There was a tv show on SciFi called "Good Vs Evil" the main characters carried them. I think they were made in South Africa. If I remember right the safety was like a Garand, M1A/M14 or Mini 14.

3. BSchroeder

BSchroeder G&G Newbie

What I Know

Yes, it does have a safety like a M1 Garand. It is a polymer design with a 1911 style trigger with a trigger safety similar to a Glock. The gas-retarded blowback system is similar to the older H&K pistols, I guess. The article said the lack of a heavy slide and locking mechanism made it a very light pistol.

I'm interested in it just because it is so different.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

DO NOT,REPEAT DONOT BUY ONE. I HAVE A FREIND WHO HAS A GUN SHOP AND THEY ARE CRAP!THEY ARE UNRELIABLE AND THERE WAS A RECALL ON THEM AND NO MORE ARE BEING IMPORTED DUE TO LOW DEMAND.THE ONES STILL HERE ARE BEING SOLD AT CUT RATE PRICES TO GET RID OF THEM. IF YOU WANT TO BUY ONE OUT OF CURIOSITY GO AHEAD BUT DON'T COUNT ON IT FOR SELF DEFENSE!!!!