Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all! I've found a few posts that discuss the legality of putting a Verticle foregrip on a semi-auto shotgun (with a folding/collapsable stock) but the only references made are to the constitution. Does anyone have evidence that it is legal to put a verticle stock on my Vepr 12? I'm in Texas.

And please, before anyone tells me how stupid this idea is or how these guns arent meant for VFG, know that the only reason I'm asking is that I broke my wrist while bicycling and I haven't built up enough strength to reliably shoulder the very heavy gun yet.

Any help would be great, thanks!

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,352 Posts
Depends on how long the barrel is.

If it's a shockwave type of gun without a stock and just a pistol grip (and a short barrel) then no.

If the barrel is over 18" -- like in a conventional shotgun -- they you're fine. Have at it. I don't scoff at vertical grips on shotguns SO LONG AS they're quality material which won't break under the stress and strain of use. Of note is that some joker broke a cheap type vertical grip on a Kel-Tec (or similar) bullpup and in doing so managed to mishandle the gun so he shot himself somehow.

Putting a vertical fore grip on a pistol build (barrel less than 16 inches rifle or 18 inches shotgun) can cause it to get an AOW designation and become NFA. Some types of hand stops are allowed though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on how long the barrel is.

If it's a shockwave type of gun without a stock and just a pistol grip (and a short barrel) then no.

If the barrel is over 18" -- like in a conventional shotgun -- they you're fine. Have at it. I don't scoff at vertical grips on shotguns SO LONG AS they're quality material which won't break under the stress and strain of use. Of note is that some joker broke a cheap type vertical grip on a Kel-Tec (or similar) bullpup and in doing so managed to mishandle the gun so he shot himself somehow.

Putting a vertical fore grip on a pistol build (barrel less than 16 inches rifle or 18 inches shotgun) can cause it to get an AOW designation and become NFA. Some types of hand stops are allowed though.
Thank you sir!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts