close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Very Rare No. 4 Enfield

Discussion in 'Enfield Rifles' started by littlejoe872, Oct 20, 2014.

1. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That's pretty sad... I messaged him and told him it was not a Winchester...

2. I believe a PF prefix would make it a Fazackerly

mack310 likes this.
  3. ChaZam

Yes it is a Fazakerley made in 1948, well used, etc. He has it way overpriced. The ones that are still in the mummy wrap are worth what he is asking but I would be looking for about $200 to $300 for what he has.

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hey, the guys in Guntucky, apparently is ig'rant about his merchandise!!!:rolleyes:

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I messaged him too. Bad form to make two glaring errors like that. Second major error was listing it as a "Mk.4 No.1" - no such animal. He couldn't see the stamp on the rifle?

6. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It looks like the seller is embarrassed.... The auction is now ended... as of 10:45 this morning...

A 7 day auction ended after 2 days... either he sold it or had enough people message him about it...

Oh.. and my dad has picked up Enfields in much better condition for much less at auctions... Of course he has never run into a MK4 No1 made by Winchester...

7. ChaZam

The seller messaged me back. They explained that it was a consignment gun and they had relied on what the owner of the gun told them instead of investigating on their own. They said they had taken the listing down. Gosh they surely should have checked before listing it though. With all the printed reference materials and the internet there are so many sources available that could have nipped that misinformation in the bud....

8. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Jeesh, I hope they didn't buy it from someone based on what he told them.

9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I got a similar e-mail from him. He apologized for the error. Seems a decent bloke, he just needs to get his facts straight before putting out the info. We gotta remember often the guy making the ad blurb knows nada about these guns.

ChaZam likes this.
  10. PaleHawkDown

Rule no. 1: If you know nothing, say nothing
    Rule no. 2: If you know something, say something
    Rule no. 3: If you know everything, say "Let there be light."

GSFixit and 870shooter1 like this.
  11. Dammm and I wanted that too.

ChaZam likes this.
  12. PaleHawkDown

In a recent issue of American Rifleman, they had an "I have this old gun" with a No. 5 jungle carbine which they claim has a value of $650 or something. All I could think of is that the LGS had about eight of them ranging from $250 to $450 last year ($450 being in excellent condition, $250 being shootable). I could have made a huge profit selling them to American Rifleman.

Maybe this guy needs to see if those guys want his rifle.