Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard through the grapevine that after the end of the year, we will no longer be able to purchase vet meds. Has anyone heard any such info???

·
Wonderment :)
36,606 Posts
Information:

The following are some products that will be seeing label changes to prescription-only status:
Oxytetracyclines
  • Injectables: Liquamycin LA-200, Noromycin 300 LA, Bio-Mycin 200, Agrimycin 200, etc.
  • Boluses: Terramycin Scours Tablets, OXY 500 Calf Boluses
Penicillins (Penicillin G procaine, penicillin G benzathine)
  • Injectables: Penicillin Injectable, Dura-Pen, Pro-Pen-G, Combi-Pen 48, etc.
  • Intramammary tubes: Masti-Clear, Go-dry, Albadry Plus
Sulfa-based antibiotics (Sulfadimethoxine, sulfamethazine)
  • Injectables: Di-Methox 40%, SulfMed 40%
  • Boluses: Albon, Sustain III Cattle & Calf Boluses, Supra Sulfa III Cattle & Calf Boluses
Tylosin
  • Injectables: Tylan 50, Tylan 200
Cephapirin, cephapirin benzathine
  • Intramammary tubes: ToDAY and ToMORROW
Additionally, several swine medications fall under the new guidance:
Lincomycin

·
Registered
945 Posts
This appears to only apply to injectables and boluses. If so, we should still be able to order our "fish antibiotics" online in pill or capsule format. We keep them on hand for our dogs. For those who do not know, you can buy many antibiotics for fish without a prescription. By law, if they are labeled the same they must be the same, so if you buy a cipro or penicillin, that are used for humans, then that is exactly what you get for your animals.

I will probably buy maybe 3 types of anti-biotics before the end of the year, just for my survival stash. Medicine is like bullets, you might not need them but the guy next door might need a few. In the country today we have no clue what product or med may be impossible to get next month, like toilet paper or tampons or baby formula...

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
I can vividly recall in the early 90's here the lid came off the equine illegal drugs trade.

It was like Vet? green flag here's a trolley. Consequently all the bouncers around town started using horse steroids and trainers could slow horses up and down at will to achieve better odds.

If something perfectly legitimate and pure that helps everyone is implemented we're the first to turn it on it's ear spewing money where it's least needed.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Fish meds are already a "ask someone to give it to you from behind the counter" thing. I needed some fish mox because the typical herbal stuff wasn't cutting it for the aquarium. I felt like I was buying cigarettes.
Vet Supplies - OTC Medicine, Antibiotics, Feeding Supplies (calvetsupply.com) I have been buying from this place many years. Their products were from Thompson Labs. As I stated above, when they are sold as a drug Federal law mandates they be exactly the same as what goes to any pharmacy. A local TV station did a story on them here a while back. The story confirmed they were exactly the same as distributed to any pharmacy but they had a doctor explaining to people why they should not self diagnose and medicate. My best bud, RIP, was a doctor and most of my life he kept me in antibiotics for basic emergency kit for our many trips to the boonies. When you are 14 miles from the trailhead and snow is two foot deep and somebody gets sick or hurt, a little self medication is OK. You take it until you can get to a doctor, survival planning should include a couple antibiotics in my view. Amox and Cipro cover most things, save the Cipro for the bad stuff. There are a couple others, any docs or nurses or pharmacy folks please chime in.
Rectangle Font Technology Parallel Screenshot
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
622 Posts
I bet this new rule came about because people were curing their China virus with over the counter horse Ivermectin instead of living in fear and getting the worthless vaccine. they want TOTAL control of our lives.
Careful with that. I had Covid and took horse Ivermectin. Cleared it right up, its just now I have a regular craving for a big bucket of oats. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
14,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bet this new rule came about because people were curing their China virus with over the counter horse Ivermectin instead of living in fear and getting the worthless vaccine. they want TOTAL control of our lives.
I bet you are right!

·
Super Moderator
14,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Careful with that. I had Covid and took horse Ivermectin. Cleared it right up, its just now I have a regular craving for a big bucket of oats. :ROFLMAO:
You always were part horse, the south end of a north bound one…lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
Actually no. The state of Oklahoma bought $2 million in Ivermectin just in case and is now trying to sell it back to the company that sold it. I have some in my medicine stash, that was misinformation. We have family that owns a feed store and they sold tons of it. Unfortunately the member that owned that store died of Covid. He was 61 and had zero health issues. The entire family (5 groups) went to Sturgis , of 16 people, 12 got it, one died. Ivermectin was a scam. I still have mine but no way I would rely on it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
.... Ivermectin was a scam....
Well, no. Ivermectin was not a scam. It has been shown that is an effective drug for fighting Covid. Now, that doesn't mean that Ivermectin is a prophylactic for Covid nor does it mean that Ivermectin is a cure for Covid. What it does mean is that Ivermectin was effective for use against Covid in humans. Its probably as effective as Fauci's Vaccine. Heck, I got 2 Covid vaccines doses and still got Covid. So its not really a vaccine now is it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts