Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
I'm 72 in good health and my wife is 70 and an immune compromised cancer survivor. last Summer we both caught the China virus. immediately we started taking Ivermectin. although I did have some of the veterinary Ivermectin, we took the expensive human variety that a doctor friend prescribed for us. we were feeling bad and feverish for only 2 days and after that it wasn't even as bad as some colds I've had. everybody's different but it worked for us.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm 72 in good health and my wife is 70 and an immune compromised cancer survivor. last Summer we both caught the China virus. immediately we started taking Ivermectin. although I did have some of the veterinary Ivermectin, we took the expensive human variety that a doctor friend prescribed for us. we were feeling bad and feverish for only 2 days and after that it wasn't even as bad as some colds I've had. everybody's different but it worked for us.
Happy to hear you had a quick recovery. The problem with Ivermectin is there is no empirical evidence, that is proves that it works. The limited evidence, all antidotal, is that it needs to be administered early in the disease. I am not aware of any published studies from the Lancet or JAMA or anywhere that proves much of anything. That said, I would take it in a heartbeat.

Our extended family, both sides had about 30 people get it, people we see or communicate with weekly or holidays, etc. Some of them I took food, etc. Two died, most of the others had a light case for a couple days like your case. The first group of 12 or 16 that went to Sturgis, half of them were sick for a couple weeks. All the people that got it this last year or so just had a case like yours, 2-3 days.

It was Hydroxy that Oklahoma bought $2 million of which turned out to be a flop. Oklahoma, Utah face scrutiny over hydroxychloroquine purchases | Fox Business

Interesting, our granddaughter was in the first group to catch covid in Sturgis, she got very sick for weeks and lost 1/3 of her body weight. She has been taking Hydroxy for years due to early arthritis, she is 28. Apparently, it did not help her with the disease, and did not prevent her from catching it. Her father in law died, so whatever strain they got was bad. He owned the feed store that sold tons of Ivermectin and she is the office manager, I know many people there used the salve variety, just do not remember if they did or not. They were rubbing it over their skin as I recall. A lot of their customers were using it hoping it would prevent covid. Mine is apple flavored for horses, so you can imagine folks walking around smelling like apples. People were worried, I get it. In their family, they lost two more, both were over 70, some of them were in Texas where it was worse.

At least now the disease is much less dangerous and easily controlled with the monoclonal antibodies. Oklahoma is down to only 8 people per day dying of the disease. Out of 3.4 million that is not many. At the peak we had 85 people die in a day. We only had 15 people die of the flu in the last year, and 2019, the year before covid we had 89 die, so it is quite a bit worse than the flu here.

I took the first shots and one booster although I am not confident of their value. I have not taken the second and third booster but might take one more if it picks back up. My sister works in health care and they are concerned again at this time, just wait and see. We know that the flu shot seldom is very effective, so I am not very confident we will have an effective vaccine. We have two dead, so we take it seriously, I knew six guys younger than me, 73, who died of it, so it is out there. Kind of like having loaded guns around the house, I just try to stay out of the front of them when they go off, so I avoid crowds where people get in your face. Be safe.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts