Videos on the K-31

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by woody1981, Sep 15, 2010.

1. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

Usually I don't put much stock into You Tube gun videos, depending on who does the video. Some are very good, but most are amateurish. So my question: can anyone point me to good videos on the cleaning and care of the K-31? Much appreciated.

2. woody1981

3. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

I think the only vid I have on the K31 is of the reblue I needed to do on a portion of the barrel on one of mine. But you can use any cleaner to clean after shooting as the GP 11 stuff isn't corrosive. The K31s sure do shoot well though. If you don't have one, you need to get one. And if you only have one, get another!

4. Amen and if you have two, how about Beech? I love these rifles, I will get more as time and cash allows.
    I have to beef up my semi auto collection first then its back to these, my short list is getting long I tell you!

5. woody1981

Amen to that! I'm always moving items up and down the scale of my "short list."

6. Iron_Colonel

I'm not a big fan of the beech stocks. I like the darker walnut, and just darker stocks in general. Buuuuuut, I wouldn't pass a good deal on one if it did have a beech stock lol.

7. Iron_Colonel

If you have some specific questions, or particulars you want to see about the rifles, PM me or something and I can do a vid. I don't know as I have any strictly K31 vids, so it would be a good time to get going on that.

8. woody1981

Thanks for the offer. I'm so new to the K31 that I don't yet know what I don't know. So I'll be back to you, if that's OK. Thanks again.

9. It is one of the easiest to take apart bolt assemblies you could ask for, not a hard rifle to figure out actually once you take that bolt apart and put it back together a couple times it is cake to figure out.
    Most of the ones I have seen have great bores and usually are not problematic.

10. Iron_Colonel

I have observed the same. The only trouble you might have with one, is wanting another! They are very finely made rifles, and the way they shoot reflects their excellent craftsmanship.

11. woody1981

Thanks, guys! I'm quickly seeing this. Going to the range this morning, and I hope to have some pixs to post later today. Thanks again for the info.