close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vietnam era military poncho

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by one3, Sep 11, 2017.

1. one3

one3 G&G Newbie

WTB : Vietnam era military poncho

chesterwin likes this.
  2. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I suggest you go to the "Introductoy forum" and introduce yourself. We have members that were there. God Bless them!

PAPA G likes this.

3. richardw

richardw G&G Evangelist

I would doubt that you will find one in any kind of reasonable condition unless you come across some that were unused and stored properly. And by the way, they wer not all that great.

mdj696 likes this.
  4. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

I never wore one, because you were going to get wet anyway. Only time I used one was for a make shift tent next to the bunker. Close to DEROS (date estimated rotation over seas) when we were getting a lot of incoming.

Brandhard and PAPA G like this.
  5. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

They show up pretty often at the local flea markets - or at least they did three or four years ago.
    I think one of the companies that advertises in Firearms News sells reproduction ones.

6. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I remember in basic training 1967 we had to march out to the rifle range, it was raining and we wore the ponchos. Sure it kept the rain off me, but I was soaked in sweat from the build up of body heat not having anywhere to go!:usa2: :eek:o_Oo_O

blaster, neophyte and Brandhard like this.
  7. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

they were ridiculously hot.
    they even had a little tag inside them warning of the possibility of over heating just from wearing them.
    I think they might even have had some bullet proof quality's.

neophyte likes this.
  8. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

At basic training we weren't allowed to use ours even if it was raining. The only thing we did with them was turtle our rucks and body armor while inside for classroom training.

PAPA G and neophyte like this.