close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Voere Blackforest Model 7000 in 30-06

Discussion in 'Manufacturers' started by BlakeR, Apr 20, 2017.

1. BlakeR

BlakeR G&G Newbie

Oregon
    I purchased a Voere Blackforest Model 7000 in 30-06 a couple of years ago for $425.00. it came with an older 4-12 Redfield scope. It is in what I would consider excelent shape. Finding information on the rifle has been a challenge. It was made in Germany prior to the sale and move to Austria. If anyone has info on it, I would be greatly appreciative.

2. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Yeah info is a bit scarce. My Blue Book does not list models but only states it was absorbed by Mauser in 1986. Said they were of high quality though and for $425 sounds like a great deal.

BlakeR likes this.

3. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
  4. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Good info 870. Sounds like he got a super deal on a rare quality built rifle.

BlakeR likes this.
  5. BlakeR

BlakeR G&G Newbie

Oregon
    Thnaks for your replies. I have been looking for the past couple of years and have found the same info, but I was hoping there was something hidden out there that could be brought to light. I felt like I got a good deal on it. It shoots awesome when the scope mount is tight. It just goes to say that the inernet does not know everything.

6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

BlakeR: Sir, from another sight

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=23909

voere is avery high quality rifle, built by the same people who operated the Kleingunther plant in Seiguin texas. These were one of the first firearms manufactureers to guarantee a 1/2" group out of their k-15 actions. The voere rifles are also very accurate, and getting hard to find.If it is in good cond. the price isn't too far off.

BlakeR and mauser9 like this.
  7. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Sounds like a custom job compared to these "budget rifles" for the same amount of money. Yeah think you got a great deal!

neophyte and BlakeR like this.
  8. BlakeR

BlakeR G&G Newbie

Oregon
    I had never heard of them before I purchased it. I liked the look and feel. The action is as smooth as butter with no slop or play. It looks alot like an older Weatherby.

9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

BlakeR, I think you got a steal for what you got. Photos?

neophyte and mauser9 like this.
  10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The only Voere rifle I ever saw and handled was a rimfire semiauto. Local gun&pawn had it, and I didn't buy it. Wish I had. Voeres are very scarce here in the US.

11. BlakeR

BlakeR G&G Newbie

Oregon
    Here are some pics of the rifle. 20170421_132548.jpg 20170421_132620.jpg 20170421_132620.jpg 20170421_132643.jpg 20170421_132655.jpg

mauser9 likes this.
  12. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Evangelist

I use to own a Kleinguenther rifle built in Seguin TX using Voere actions. It was the smoothest action I have ever seen. Open bolt, tilt gun forward and it all but locked itself. The Kleinguenther was guaranteed 1/2 MOA. You may have a gem. I won the rifle in a raffle down in San Antonio and it's list value back in 1980 was $700. I sold it later for $1000 in the 90s. Mine was a 7 RM.

13. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

It's a real beauty!

14. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Very nice!! Looks like fancy Claro or English walnut. Would cost plenty made today. Best deal I have heard of lately! COngradulations.