Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thirty-nine students attend my American literature seminar this semester. Our classroom is the first one you see on the left, as you enter the unlocked humanities building. If a psychotic gunman were searching for a tight cluster of multiple bodies he would find my classroom door wide open. But if I were packing a loaded automatic pistol in a shoulder holster beneath my jacket, we might have half a chance.

More...

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
His ideas would be better than the program they now have but until the Illinois voters and the Chicago voters vote out the anti-gun crowd there is no chance for change.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
The professor has a good point. I don't agree with him about the inadvisability of allowing students who have qualified and hold a CCW to carry concealed on-campus. My experience leads me to believe that anyone who is qualified to carry concealed, regardless of age, tends to be much more responsible and mature than the run of the mill citizen or student. However, allowing teachers who qaulify to carry concealed, and by not announcing which teachers/instructors/professors are so qualified, will go a long way toward reducing the attractiveness of school and college campuses as all-you-can-shoot buffets for the deranged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts