close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

vz-24 barrel

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by toolman, Apr 25, 2002.

1. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

hi guys,can anyone tell me where i can find a new or good used barrel for my vz-24? would prefer new as most of the so called "good" barrels advertised don't sound any better than the one i already have.thanks..toolman

2. Do you want a sporter barrel of a military config barrel? Most any large-ring military barrel will fit. I picked up a VZ-24 action and barreled it with an Israeli military 7.62 NATO barrel I bought from a dealer in S.C.

3. toolman

looking for an original military barrel if possible but not sure how compatible the external shape is between different models.my barrel is pretty rough.shoots good but is a real pain in the butt to clean afterwards,especially if shooting surplus ammo,which i usually do.not unusual to wear out a couple of brushes trying to get all of the fouling out of the pits.have been told that the external 'steps' in the barrel vary between models.any ideas?

4. yodar

yodar G&G Newbie

VZ 24 replacement bbl.

Don't make the mistake I did in wanting to maintain the military appearance of the VZ 24 thru retention of the military rear sights....ARRRGGGGHHHH! The notch is so small I cant even SEE it with these aging eyes. I'm having to install either a MOJO peep or a Millet Sight base for a red-dot or 4X LER scope onto the existing sight base.

PIA!

Yodar

5. toolman

i know what ya mean,yodar.those factory sights are tough on the eyes,especially if you wear glasses(i do,unfortunately).on the plus side, they're precise if you have a couple of hours to get everything lined up! LOL. been thinking about a b-square or s&k scope base if i can get a decent barrel.

6. yodar

yodar G&G Newbie

Toolman:

The curio & relics group I correspond with openly casts scorn and derision on the B-Square for not retaining it's settings.

Take a look at Milletsights.com for a higher quality NOT higher cost sight base adapter around $39.00

MOJO is the Other APPROACH AS IT REPLACES THE TANGENT BAR WITH A WINDAGE ADJUSTABLE PEEP..AGAIN $37.00

7. toolman

thanks yodar,will prob. stick w/factory sights or mojo unit if i can find a good barrel.getting so tired of cleaning i don't even want to shoot it anymore! pretty bad,huh? another option is the new scope mount from ati that encircles the barrel that i just found in my brownell's catalog.