close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vz24

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by buttons, Mar 24, 2002.

1. buttons

buttons G&G Newbie

Bought a VZ24 at gunshow yesterday. This is my first Czech rifle. It appears that what you all say is true. This is a very nice gun, smooth action, well built. Took it to the range, fired off a few. The end of the stock was loose, I pulled on it and it started to slide off. Looks like a duffel cut. This has all matching numbers except the bolt. On the receiver E (lion) 27, good barrel, still has nice blueing. No import marks, paid $ 100, guy wanted $125. Other VZ 24's at show, beat up, going for $100. How best to reattach stock? Last 6-8 inches of stock, right under the barrel band. There also is info on the brass disk, I have read that most of these were blank. It says, 9 P and 329. Any ideas??? thanx

2. VZ 24 STOCK

I HAVE BOUGHT TWO ON EBAY AND WAS PLEASED WITH THEM

3. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

buttons,if the pieces fit well,i would suggest using acraglas or something similar to "glue" it back together.if you will be mounting a bayonet,however,you may want something a little more substantial.brownell's has a stock repair kit and the acraglas,and their catalog will keep you occupied for a long,long time even if you never buy anything.it's the best 5.00 you can spend if you like working on and shooting guns and is refundable on first order.they even have books and videos to show you how to repair that stock.good luck and keep'em smokin'..toolman

4. buttons

buttons G&G Newbie

Thanks for your response, I saw your other post too. I also need a new barrel for my vz24. Turns out the duffel cut is not the problem. New stock did nothing for the accuracy issue. Barrel is so shot out, I will not shoot it at the range anymore. At 100 yards it will vary 5 feet to left or right or high and low!! Maybe someone will help us out here. Later.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

6. toolman

wow buttons,that's pretty serious! and i thought mine was bad just because it's hard to get clean.my problem is,i want a barrel in excellent to new cond., springfield sporters has barrels for 20.00 but said they'd be somewhat pitted also.someone told me to check out marstar in canada also,but haven't got around to it yet.let ya know if i find anything.P.S.-brownell's has commercial barrels in .308,30-06,and .300 win. mag for around 100.00 w/military step.

7. toolman

hey buttons,checked out marstar's website earlier today and they show vz-24 barrels for about 50.00 american.have to use currency converter since they are in canada and no idea on condition,am going to call on mon. to ck on cond.-let ya know.kind of like to support some of the canadian businesses due to support shown after 9/11.i was in canada a couple days after and the show of support was truly overwhelming!