Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wondering what you"re carrying myself. Been doing a little Upland myself before firearm deer end of the month. After that the Ruger American 22 magnum for some woods varmints. Never thought I would enjoy a rimfire so much with synthetic but that 18 inch tube with the Vortex is sure ideal for woods hunting. Glad I bought it 6 years back as still hard to find often.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
…..duck season…..
Got out early to chase rabbits. Nothing moving but me so called it. Still, better than not hunting. View attachment 180015
That's the way I feel when I'm up above the pond, just better to be out there than at work or in the house.

Still have never seen a model 34 without a cracked forearm

·
Premium Member
19,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the way I feel when I'm up above the pond, just better to be out there than at work or in the house.

Still have never seen a model 34 without a cracked forearm
It has a hairline crack right now. Don’t know if I should try to stop it from getting larger somehow.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
It has a hairline crack right now. Don’t know if I should try to stop it from getting larger somehow.
Dad told me the reason they split like that is the wood in the forearm is thin and they get knocked over or bumped and they crack.

Brownells sells brass pins that could be used with some sort of glue or glass bedding to repair the crack

·
Premium Member
19,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dad told me the reason they split like that is the wood in the forearm is thin and they get knocked over or bumped and they crack.

Brownells sells brass pins that could be used with some sort of glue or glass bedding to repair the crack
I was thinking a thin coat of epoxy on the inside of the forearm. Brass pins not needed yet. I’m cautious about taking it apart.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I was thinking a thin coat of epoxy on the inside of the forearm. Brass pins not needed yet. I’m cautious about taking it apart.
They come apart easy, make sure it's unloaded, open the bolt and pull the trigger, with the trigger pulled, pull the bolt out. Take the stock screw out and pull it apart. All the important stuff will stay together.

·
Registered
387 Posts

Brownell's AcraGlas. I have used it in my shop for many years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts