close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wahoo, my new Endor edition AT-AT walker

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gsbuickman, Jul 14, 2017.

1. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yep.

The AT-ACTs were built much taller (bigger legs to make them faster and to hold the larger cargo compartment) the Imperial engineers had these special generators built into them to project some sort of magnetic/energy shield around the knee joints so the metal could withstand the pressure of the added weight and not make the articulating knee joints warp and buckle.

That's why the little dude in the rebel gunship with the ion cannon blaster specifically targeted the energy field surrounding the knee joints to first take out the field then the unarmored joint itself to bring them down. That tactic probably would not have worked on the normal combat AT-ATs.

gsbuickman and Jaison like this.
  2. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

it would have worked just fine.
    you can C/G in anything you want in a phony made up world.

gsbuickman likes this.

3. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The concept is a valid one. It's tall enough to ford almost any river without need for engineers, carries something like the equivalent of an infantry platoon, has heavy direct fire weapons for use against both infantry and heavy fortifications. I think it would probably outweigh a tank platoon but the gigantic feet would mean a good distribution of weight on soft ground. Naturally, it would have to be an element of a combined arms type unit, unless you are just using it to squash the local insurgency.

gsbuickman, Cyrano and Jaison like this.
  4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Agreed. If the AT-ATs on Hoth had had some kind of infantry support with the Imperial equivalent of Dragon or Stinger missiles, Lube Skystalker and Red Squadron would have had a much harder time on their assault runs. If nothing else, they could have called on the radio and told the AT-AT commanders, "Stop moving RIGHT NOW! The Rebels have wound your legs with tow cables! Hold still until we can cut you loose!" You know, the same principle as armor infantry troops working with tanks.

cjleete and gsbuickman like this.
  5. It's come to my attention that we have a whole lot of closet Star Wars geeks lurking around here.

Why am I not surprised, all things considered? :D

cjleete, gsbuickman and Jaison like this.
  6. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yonder
    image.png

gsbuickman, cjleete and ncnascarlady like this.
  7. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    Fargin' party pooper!!

8. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

no closet geeks here I've made my Star Wars fandom widely known here over the years lol and so has gsbuickman with all his memorabilia collecting.

I'm The Star Wars geek equivalent to Cyrano's geekness to Heinlein or Ten Man with Star Trek lol. :D

9. That is scarier than you know! I've known Cyrano for about 30 years, and I know just how much of a geek he is about a whole lot of things!

gsbuickman likes this.
  10. I guess a lot of people on here are OC about something. After all I collect rifles, stamps, coins, pinbacks, marbles, cars, books, movies and have about 78 boxes of HO train stuff to build when I get done with the project I'm working on now. BTW at the store I'm at we are selling Star Wars Matchbox collectables now.

11. Very true. I've got my die cast, fabric and a couple of other things. I just tend to keep them to myself. ;)

TACAV likes this.
  12. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Hey wait a minute, I resemble that remark. Oh, wait, I'm a Star Trek and Star Wars Junkie. I'm also an X-Phile & I have a nice X-Files collection going as well as my 1/8th scale nitro gas R/C's and my brushless Electric RC boats like my latest acquisition. This beautiful 34" Venom king of shaves C1 twin prop brushless catamaran. I guess that would make me a talented multitasker ....

0523171109a.jpg 0523171108.jpg

ncnascarlady likes this.
  13. Jaison

Yonder
    An X-phile?:usa:

Favorite episode?

How about Fringe?

gsbuickman likes this.
  14. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I have the Ewoks movies ("Caravan of Courage" and "Battle for Endor") on Betamax, and I have the 1982 Rental-Only Star Wars VHS. I bought it from the Public library 20 years ago for $2. No telling where they got it, but I got the cassette tapes of the BBC radio "prequels" the same day - the ones that told about a young Luke Skywalker and the events leading up to the original movie.

I also recently got the CBS-Fox laserdiscs of "A New Hope" and "Empire" but they came in a laserdisc collection I bought online that didn't even mention them. I bought the collection for the "Back to the Future" and "Mad Max" discs that were advertised. I don't own a player, but BTTF laserdiscs were always an easy sell at cons.

gsbuickman likes this.
  15. PaleHawkDown

That's racist. The currently accepted term is Endorian native.

16. Jaison

Yonder
    Buck toothed Endorian jungle weasel natives.:)

gsbuickman likes this.
  17. PaleHawkDown

In early drafts the Ewoks were supposed to be related to Wookies. Wouldn't it be funny if we found out that Endor is just Kashyyyk's version of North Korea - the same people, just shorter and more poorly educated.

18. Jaison

Yonder
    ^^^

Did not know that! Looks like I need to bear down and learn me some more Star Wars mythology.

gsbuickman likes this.
  19. PaleHawkDown

Yeah. The name was even a hint at a shared language- wook-ee, ee-wook.

Jaison and gsbuickman like this.
  20. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Awesome, I can think of quite a few things I would love to have on LaserDisc as well as a player to put them to good use because the video quality of LaserDisc at the time was phenomenal, much the same way that the video quality of betamax was much better than VHS. Now I'm wondering if I can make a LaserDisc player compatible with my new flat screen TV Karma which reminds me I need to post a thread on that ...

ncnascarlady likes this.