Walmart's putting ammo away in all stores foreseeing Election violence.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by rando, Oct 29, 2020.

1. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Read earlier that all Walmart stores in the USA are putting ammo in safe place till later date. They realize that there will be violence in areas and don't want anyone grabbing ammo if they riot. I don't need any ammo and don't think many of us do but just saying. They did have plenty of shotgun shells and rifle ammo for hunting. I hope there were no hunters waiting till last minute for deer rifle ammo.

2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I just read the article on that. They are taking FIREARMS AND AMMO off the sales floor. They say it is for the safety of their employees, and the public.

I think it is to discourage looting.

They also stated that they don't know WHEN they will put firearms and ammo back out on the sales floor. Methinks they have finally gone "K-Mart" on the public.

Here's the link:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-removes-firearms-ammunition-u-210359689.html

big shrek, cjleete, ChaZam and 8 others like this.

3. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Meh....I'd just move the work gloves and work boots section out in front of them. That'd act as looter repellant.

4. Bakingsoda

Bakingsoda G&G Regular

Tulsa
    Last week the local Wal-Mart only had about 3 or 4 boxes of deer hunting ammo. I bought the last box of slugs they had. No rimfire ammo.. They were running low on regular shotgun shells, but still had a good selection. But I guess now we'll have to ask the clerk what they have in stock.

ChaZam, Junction15, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  5. rando

Maryland
    Like you say maybe they are using this for a reason to remove the guns and ammo. Yes it sounds like the Kmart BS they did years ago.

ChaZam, Junction15, Cyrano and 5 others like this.
  6. rando

Maryland
    LMAO!

7. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I don't buy their crap guns and ammo anyway.

They already pulled.223/5.56 and 9mm so screw them!

I have to go there next week probably on election day and I'll be "prepared" just in case.

ChaZam, Junction15, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  8. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist

I got this news yesterday from my bosses brother. He was trying to buy a case of shotgun shells and they would not , could not sell to him . He took a case as they were pulling it and it would not scan .
    He was quite warm. I haven't been in their crap store in over a year and a half. I have folks who appreciate my business and don't treat me as a criminal or a child. Pizz on them.

ChaZam, Junction15, 455rocket and 3 others like this.
  9. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    I didn't know they even sold guns any more.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  10. rando

Maryland
    That's the problem with these retail giants. They dont care about the customer. They have so much power and money they could not care. Give the little man your business and he appreciates you. My youngest son works at the one nearest to me. His first job and he is just getting work experience. He told me the other day that he cant believe how many people have no brains. I just laughed

big shrek, ChaZam, Junction15 and 5 others like this.
  11. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist

Rando , when enough people care enough to say that they have been subjected to enough of their abuses and would rather for go that and make a stand to go elsewhere, they will care as any number of former large number of ex retail giants care.

ChaZam, Junction15 and neophyte like this.
  12. Sportsterboy

Sportsterboy G&G Evangelist

What?? They are expecting "peaceful protests" in response to election results (regardless of who wins)?? :rolleyes:

13. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Seems they did this once before? I don't remember the occasion, but reason was similar. I would be surprised if the Walmart I use even brings them back. Their business on guns/ammo has been down for a long time, even before they bent over & grabbed the ankles by removing ARs & pistol ammo.

Never bought a firearm there, but did buy ammo. Usually, had to hunt down someone with a key to the ammo cabinet, because they didn't have enough business to warrant a full time employee at the counter. Lately, just walking by the department, have not seen anyone even looking at guns or ammo!

big shrek, ChaZam and Junction15 like this.
  14. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I watched a video yesterday of a guy touring the looted area of Philadelphia. The dollar store? Looted. Wal-Mart? Looted. The beauty supply store? Looted. Five Below? looted. The gas station? Looted.

In fact, every business in the area had been looted, save two; Lowe's and the work boot store. I swear I am not making that up.

big shrek, shanebrews, ChaZam and 4 others like this.
  15. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Latest report is it's going back out in most stores. (Likely those in the less metropolitan areas.)

jerry, ChaZam and Junction15 like this.
  16. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    That is SO wrong!

How is ammo on the shelf not a "safe place"? Let that sink in.

And why are 12ga. slugs "safe" but .223 is not. Let that sink in, too.

It is disheartening to realize how much left-wing propaganda and fear-mongering has come to be accepted as fact.

17. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Step 1: Bombard generations of people with propaganda and disproven science.
    Step 2: Put these disproven "facts" in all forms of media
    Step 3: Punish critical or logical thinking in schools or on online forums.
    Step 4: Let these ignorant people run for, and hold, government office so that they can legislate based off of this ignorance.
    Step 5: repeat.

I spent so much of my time in school getting kicked out for pointing out that something was wrong.

In first grade an actual astronaut came to our class. He said it was a fact that we have exactly the same amount of water on Earth today as we did in the time of the dinosaurs...
    This was after he explained how excess water from the shuttle was vented into space on each mission to reduce weight on reentry. This was also after he explained that meteorites sometimes brought minerals or water to earth.

I got booted out of class for, as a 6-year-old, pointing our that there could not possibly be EXACTLY the same amount of water on earth.

That same year my teacher explained that there was no such thing as a straight line, as lines which were printed would always have imperfections, lines on a map represented a curved earth, and even a lazer beam widened out over a distance. Then she marked it wrong on a test when I wrote that none of the lines represented were straight. Heck, the test was printed out by mimeograph from a copy of a copy. Even if she hadn't told us that, the fact that every line on the paper was a blotchy squiggle would have made it hard to get right.

big shrek, TXplt, ChaZam and 2 others like this.
  18. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    jerry, TXplt, ChaZam and 1 other person like this.
  19. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

TXplt and Junction15 like this.
  20. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

We heard about Walmart locking up guns and ammo here in Maine. Some folks at work were a bit ticked off that they wont be able to buy any guns.

To them I say: "Sorry folks, but I have absolutely no pity for you. Everyone has seen what has been happening and if you really wanted a shotgun or rifle, you should have gotten it last summer."

And really, we have been scarce on even shotgun shells since early this month.
    Availability on guns in general has been improving because of the ammo shortage. Folks are not buying as many guns if they can't get the ammo for them.

big shrek, Ten Man and ChaZam like this.