walther p22

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by konrado, Mar 17, 2002.

1. konrado

konrado G&G Newbie

Any one have a limited edition P22. Are there any more available? If so where can I get one? Konrad

2. Mike Haycraft

Mike Haycraft G&G Newbie

KY
    I got mine about a month ago, only one I ever seen. Dealer told me he wished he had bought the three offered to him. Got long barrel. can purchase the short barrel. It would look like a baby Glock. Love to shoot it.

3. C.W.

C.W. G&G Newbie

For all you P22 lovers...Guns & Ammo HANDGUNS magazine for May 2002 has a "Firing Line Report Test" on the Walther P22. It looks like they give it a "thumbs up" to me. Please post here if you find other P22 tests in other magazines.
    C.W.

4. wise_owl

wise_owl G&G Newbie

Egypt
    C.W., that is good news...is that gun and ammo article available online anywhere ?

5. C.W.

C.W. G&G Newbie

I looked...but I can't find any info on the "Handguns" P22 test on line...I'll continue to check. It's probably too new (the magazine was just released).
    C.W.

6. Mike Haycraft

Mike Haycraft G&G Newbie

KY
    Gun has adjustable rear sight and it has replacement front sights for different elavation. It has two different type mags and you can change grip deminisions. Has a key lock for safety on gun and also a trigger lock included. Double or single action. Extra short barrel can be ordered for around 45 dollars.:p

7. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    I just ran into one of these on my weekly stop at the local "dealer" (this really is an addiction). This was the cutest **** little .22 i've run across. This is the first one he ever got, just came in this morning (hadn't even put a price tag on it). Needless to say, I walked out with it (I guess insta check isn't that bad). Come with 2 magazines, 1 of each style. I probably won't get a chance to shoot it until the weekend, but it is a pretty neat little gun. The DA trigger pull isn't much to brag about, but the SA isn't bad. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

later,
    AJ

8. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    BTW, what's the going price on these? I paid $239 which seemed fair, but since its the first i've ever seen, I was curious.

later,
    AJ

9. Zenon

Zenon G&G Newbie

Did you get the short or the long barrel version?
    Zenon

p.s. make sure you use high velocity ammo (win super x or equal)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2002
  10. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    I got the 3.4" barrel. Will be sure to use hi-vel ammo.

later,
    AJ

11. Zenon

Zenon G&G Newbie

239 is a fair price, I've seen the 5" barrel for 289 and 299. I have the 5 inch version and am going to buy the short barrel conversion just because.
    Zenon
    :target:

12. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    Thanks for the verification. After I posted I saw them on Auctionarms or Gunbroker going for about $275, so I figure I did great not having to pay S&H and a transfer fee.
    This gun is such a handy size with the 3.5" barrel, I don't think i'd want the 5". If I did, i've already got a Ruger MKII and a conversion for my Govt model that fits that bill...

later,
    AJ

13. captw3

captw3 G&G Newbie

Just purchased a P22 " First Edition" Waited two months for the dealer to get it in, but it was worth it! It is 1 of 1000 made. Has a kevlar case, long and short barrels and is numbered. will shoot it tomorrow at the range, I also own a P-99 Hope this is as much fun to shoot.

14. captw3

captw3 G&G Newbie

Shoot my "First Edition" this week end, I am glad I read all the postings on ammo before I went. I used the 3.4" barrel first. I tried winchester super X with limited success, had many misfeeds and jams. I moved on to fedral lightings with a little more success, but still had misfeeds. I then tried CCI Mini Mags, I fired 50 rounds without a problem. I then went back to the other ammo mentioned to see if it was a break-in problem, I had the same results as mentioned before.
    I stripped the weapon and cleaned it completly, swapped out the barrel for the 5" and repeated the process, same results! I have now fired 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags without incident. The long barrel is much more acurate at longer distances, but you would expect that.
    I am used to the ammo suffle as I have a Bersa that will only shot Mini Mags consistantly.
    If anyone wants a 100% reliable weapon in 22 LR cal. the only one I know of is a S&W model 17 revolver, It will shot any ammo reliably every time, ( just try to conceal it though!) My wife shoots it to use up all the ammo my finicky pistols won"t fire and she giggles all the while she is doing it!
    For those looking for a "First Edition" I had to special order mine from Kittery Trading Post in ME. See you dealer to see if he can find one. Happy shooting!

15. P22

captw3 - If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the P22 "first edition" set? ....

16. captw3

captw3 G&G Newbie

I paid $349.00, I expected to pay more because of the presentation box and limited number but my Dealer does a very large volume in the northeast.

17. C.W.

C.W. G&G Newbie

I'm glad you agree that CCI Mini Mags are the way to go...They are the ONLY .22 that I will use, both the hollow point and the round nose have always worked perfectly for me.
    C.W.