close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

walther P22

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by mamandoli, Jun 8, 2002.

1. mamandoli

mamandoli G&G Newbie

I just purchaced a new P22. Thanks to this forum I had no problems at the range putting the first 250 rounds through it.
    I read that you should not put more than eight rounds in the mag,
    I tested this and I had a hard time loading the first round when
    full. I used CCI Stingers. Not one misfire or fail to load next round.
    I also had a box of Winchester High Velocity. Theese also feed
    perfectly. I was impressed at its accuracy. What a great little pistol. Thanks for all the info on this forum.

Mike

2. 10MikeyMike

10MikeyMike G&G Newbie

P-22

I have a P-22 with 3.4" barrel. I love shooting CCI Stingers in it. It's like a .357 Mag. with no recoil. I always load my mag's with 10 rounds. My gun is somewhat fussy about the first round if I'm shooting HP's; however, I've found that "riding the slide" on the first round usually reduces the number of problems.

Let me know if you experience any problems with the safety on your gun. I did and I sent it back to Walther (S&W) for repair. It looks like they've drilled the ball detents deeper to keep the safety levers in place. In my opinion this problem could be completely overcome by using metal levers instead of plastic which flexes under the pressure of the hold-down screws. I've put about 800 rounds through it since I got it back and so far, no problems with the safety. :eek:

3. BillyJoeRayBob

BillyJoeRayBob G&G Newbie

WV
    After you've loaded ten rounds into the mag, turn it upside down, (keep the mag angled bullet tips up, so the ammo will slide to the back of the mag), and pull the button on the follower to relese the spring tension so the rounds are loose and can settle against the feedlips. A guy over on subguns.com recommended this, and it has solved all of my feeding problems with the P22. Instead of reliable 8 round mags, they are reliable 10 rounders with every type of ammo I've tried.