Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took this one to the range today and I forgot how much I like this gun! I have owned this gun since 2017 and shot it and then did some work to it and in the safe it went. This is the 9mm version in OD and it is a QA or Quick Action single action striker fired. Anyhow, I took it to the range with a mix of old reloads and some other items like aluminum cased blazer and steel cased wolf all fed and work flawlessly. This is a very ergonomic pistol, it fits and points naturally. I had a Walther CCP gen 1 that I shot and was not impressed with its performance, their claim of reduced recoil was never substantiated...the worst thing was the takedown required a tool and it ended up being a horrible design, I understand Walther has updated with the Gen 2...There is a local website that allows gun listings and there was a listing for the P99 as for sale or trade. I had recently gotten the CCP back from Walther repair where they had to replace parts on the takedown and a trigger return spring...I saw the writing on the wall and called the guy asked him if he was interested in a CCP and he said Yeah! We did the deal and I honestly think I did well. The pistol was made in 2004, it is in nice condition but it did need a bit of work. I replaced the polymer RSA with a stainless steel unit and I replaced the striker spring with a Glock striker spring. I will eventually do a more in depth debur and polish on the trigger components as they are as machined/stamped with no polishing or edge breaking..

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my opinion the P99 was a design ahead of its time, and for a long time one of the best kept secrets of the polymer world. I still have my original first gen P99 .40 with the AS trigger that I purchased in 2001. As you stated, the ergonomics are perfect with this gun and it naturally feels right when aiming. Its been totally reliable and very accurate with no issues other than me losing the rear sight detent spring a few years ago during a disassembly and cleaning. Walther sent me a replacement at no charge. They also sent me three new mags with the blue followers, a year after the purchase. The original mags with the orange followers were recalled due to a defect. I never had any issues with those original ones. I've had it now for about 20 years, and its still a keeper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts